Sign in to follow this  
teropa

Mode annunciations directly to the EADI graphics ?

Hi,Occurred to me today that the mode annunciation panel is a bit clumsy in some situations. Don't get me wrong, it's realistic but sometimes getting a separate panel just to make an annunciation seems excessive.How about:As the Level-D FMA is divided into 4 sections: thrust, vertical, lateral and AFDS, would it be possible to assign a clickspot for the mouse on top of each section. Ie. there would be 4 clickable sections on the EADI. As any of these modes would change, clicking the respective section would produce the callout that would be linked to the active thrust/vertical/lateral/AFDS mode read from the SDK.An example: The thrust section turns into "SPD". Clicking on top of that section would read the active thrust mode as "SPD" and a WAV would play "SPEED".This way the user would get two benefits:1. He wouldn't have to bring up the mode annunciation panel to announce a mode change.2. He wouldn't have to select a proper mode annunciation change "box" from a list, but would only have to point at the correct segment (one out of four) on the EADI and FS2C would handle the rest: read what the active mode for that segment currently is and then make the announcement based on that.If, at the moment, all the required data isn't available in the SDK to do this, I'm fairly sure that Laurent might consider making a small "revision" for FS2C use. Or maybe not, I don't know :).cheers,Tero

PPL(A)

I like the idea mate, let us see if Bryan can work it out with Laurent...You've got my vote...Dom

Hello Tero,I originally wanted to do that because, you're right, it would be better.But it wasn't possible due to an SDK limitation. The necessary data off the EADI is not available through the Level-D SDK.So I had to create the seperate Mode Announce Panel to get around that.Cheers,Bryan

Would it ever be possible to have the FSCrew panels on a separate computer WideFS-connected to the FS computer?Thanks,James

James Goggi

How about adding a clickspot on top of the EADI announciator that just opens the mode announce panel then?It would not be perfect but a bit better than first clicking the ASI, then the MAP icon and then moving the mouse WAAAY up there to click the correct mode :) Frankly, by that time the announciation has come and gone and for the moment I just choose not to use that function at all.If it would open right next to the EADI and just with one click, it would be a bit better.

Also,Maybe the new mode annunciation panel could be rectangularly shaped so as to fit right above the FMA on the EADI, and have the respective modes grouped to each section. For example:SPD VNAV PTH HDG SEL IDLE VNAV SPD HDG HOLD V/S LNAVetc. etc. ?Tero

PPL(A)