Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustLanded

Beechcraft Baron Manual Startup Fails

Please help! The manual startup procedures for the Beechcraft Baron fails.I follow the manual startup procedures in the checklist for the Beechcraft Baron and the the engines fails to start. Clicking the engine start switch attempts to start the engine and then the engines just dies. I notice the Alt Load (Ammeter) never shows a current. Eventually, after trying several trys at clicking the engine start swith, the electrical power fails (I guess I drained the battery).If I select autostart the engines everything works just fine. Is there a bug or error in the Baron Manual startup procedure? I really would appreciate any help?This is really frustrating because I follow the startup procedures for the Beechcraft King Air 350 and it works just fine.Thanks in Advance.The Beagle

Guest Moghdad

There is a bug in many of the stock airplanes that makes it difficult to activate the starter by mouse click. Select the engine you wish to start (E followed by 1 or 2) then activate the starter by holding down the M key while pressing +.

There indeed is a bug in the start switch of the Baron. You can continually click the start switch till the engine starts. Ain't realistic but it works.I remember reading a fix in another newsgroup but did not try it at the time. I think by Fr. Bill??Pepe

Guest Sabadin

Try clicking on the mags in the start position mulitple tmes in quick succession, it works that way for me.

Thanks Pepe, Moghdad & Sabadin!Your suggestions works. Clicking on the mags in the start position multiple times in quick succession does works.I hope I will be able to answer a question for you one day. Thanks again for your help!The Beagle

Guest JustLanded

I also had difficulty starting manually and went back to using Cntrl E to start the engines. It was then that I noticed that the automatic procedure doesn't toggle up the alternater switches till after the engine has started. I'm at work now, so I'm working from memory, but I didn't understand the instructions to state it that way. They told you to toggle the alternator switch and then activate the magnitoes. Next time I'll try it that way.

>There indeed is a bug in the start switch of the Baron. You >can continually click the start switch till the engine >starts. Ain't realistic but it works. >>I remember reading a fix in another newsgroup but did not >try it at the time. I think by Fr. Bill?? Yep, that was me... You can simply unzip the beech_baron.cab file to a new folder:gauges beech_baron uuu.xml etc.xmletc. and then load the two ignition switches into notepad.exe (note that you have to start notepad and then load the .xml gauge!).Down towards the bottom of the XML code, add this in between the and in the Mouse section:Repeat="Yes"Save the .xml file and enjoy!