Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZOTAN

Problems with Tutorial Flight

Guest ZOTAN

I just bought the Fs2Crew for the 767 and am having problems with the tutorial flight. Im able to load the flight fine and open the kneeboard. When I click on the kneeboard to scroll though the simulator crashes. Ive tried about 5 times now and it does the same thing every time. Any ideas?Thanks,Matt

Guest Paul Heaney

I'm not sure whats making it crash, but you can print the Tutorial exactly, the same as it's in the kneeboard, from the Manual, I believe It starts on Page 41 or 42. Good Luck.

Hello Matt,The FS2Crew Tutorial is simply an HTML file that FS9 Kneeboard can read.If you're having problems with your FS9 Kneeboard for whatever reason, simply fall back on the Tutorial that is in the PDF manual.It's the exact same thing.My understanding is that running IE7 Beta can cause problems with the FS9 kneeboard.Cheers,Bryan

Guest ThomasE

"My understanding is that running IE7 Beta can cause problems with the FS9 kneeboard."Hello,I can confirm this, I use the IE7 Beta, and I am also not able to open the kneeboard - FS crashes soon after using F9.RegardsTom

Guest Paul Heaney

Like I mentioned above, if you cna print out the tutorial part of the manual, you won't need the kneeboard at all. I'm not using IE7, so I don't know. But I keep a printed copy handy, and it's all I need.

Guest Pilot3033

IE? Yuck. Firefox :DI find the FS knee B. to be quite cumbersome actually. Unless you have a second moniter to put it one, it can't be resized and gets in the way. I printed tutorial part and did it that way. Now I use the flow charts (linked in this forum).

I recommend that you download the free FSBrowser from hifisim and use it to read the tutorial inflight.- no fps loss as with the FS kneeboard- sim won't stutter when you open/close it- it won't lose the document position when minimized- resizeable- etc etc:-)

Guest ThomasE

>I recommend that you download the free FSBrowser from hifisim>and use it to read the tutorial inflight.>>- no fps loss as with the FS kneeboard>- sim won't stutter when you open/close it>- it won't lose the document position when minimized>- resizeable>- etc etc>>:-)>Thanks Kyle, sounds interesting!Will try it out now.RegardsTom

Guest afluhart

As far as the kneeboard crashing when scrolling there is an issue with the application viewmanager and fs9 kneeboard.WINDOWSXP run regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run look for viewmanager.exe save & delete

Guest afluhart

No, nothing with IE7. Just to the fellow that was having problems with the kneeboard crashing FS9 when he would scroll the kneeboard. This only prevents the conflicting program (viewmanager) from starting. If in doubt read the link above that I provided and do a google on viewmanager fs9 or just viewmanager. This helped me with the same problem with the kneeboard crashing fs9 when scrolling in the kneeboard. I know you didn't mean it this way but I wouldn't hap-hasardly refer anyone to do anything malicous.

Guest firehawk44

Matt,Not sure if you fixed this problem yet but I had the same problem a year or so ago. Turned out to be a problem with my video card installation. I uninstalled/reinstalled FS9 w/the 9.1 update, restarted the sim, went to the kneeboard and it caused a crash again. I determined then it had to be a problem external to FS9 and reinstalled my ATI video card drivers. The problem immediately went away.Best regards,JimYoung