Sign in to follow this  
flying_fish

Can't enter MACTOW

Waited a day or two to see if others have this problem - guess I'm the only one so far so it must be me!Following the tutorial to the letter, and everything goes great - until I need to eneter MACTOW, rounded down as suggested into FMC - just won't accept it.Finally found it will acceppt it AFTER ZFW entered but doing it in this order throws FO before start flow out.I have SP3 installed, and have run 767 config.Tried uninstalling and re-installing fscrew.This has happend five times in a row - same problem each time - help guys I want to get off the ground!

Guest ARanc

Hi,When do you setup the FMC? Before the FO does his before start flow, or after? I suggest doing it after. During the flow the FO will set the POS INIT on the FMC and by setting up the FMC before he starts his flow you could throw off his start flow.Hope it helpsAlexwww.fs2crew.comhttp://www.fs2crew.com/betateam.jpg

Guest bigun

Same here. Even though the tutorial says to enter MACTOW prior to entering ZFW, it simply eill not accept an input until after ZFW has been entered. I am waiting for the FO to finish his start flow.

Hello George,Technically, you would be out doing your walk around when the FO is doing his cockpit setup flow.However, you're right, technically the ZFW needs to be entered in the FMC prior to entering the MACTOW. You got me!Cheers,Bryan

Guest bigun

Hey Bryan,Great program!!!! Your best effort yet!

Hi Bryan,I think the tutorial says that the MACTOW is the what you can enter into the takoff page, it doesn't say to do it when you receive it.All I do with the MACTOW when I get it, is to write it on my own PCS which I use to check the FO's figures.When these are cross checked by me, this is when I enter the MACTOW in the FMC, with the ZFW etc, etc.Also I did notice the version 1.0 of the flow says to enter the MACTOW when it is received, so I think that the flow will also require a revision.

I agree on this, I also had to wonder why it does not accept the value at that phase of the tutorial. Needs to be revised :-)

Thanks for clarifying this for me - I'll have another go and let the FO do his thing before completing FMC setup.Thanks for another great job with FSCREW 767!Andy

Shameless plug here,I use our own PCS from www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/767.htmlAlong with our Vref table to help me work out the vspeeds for my cross check. The PCS can be found in the file calculating 757/767 v-speeds.

OK just landed at LAX great flight no problems at all.Cracked it by leaving FMC set up until after FO before start flow, and entering ZFW before MACTOW.You are right - printed flows need to be revised, including Markus Wienmann's.Now to try FO T/O.Still waiting for bird strike...Andy

Hello Andy,Glad you got it resolved.I'll clarify that section in the manual.For the Bird Strikes: Make sure you perform the "OIL CHECK" from the FO Commands page after the After Start Checklist has been completed.That is a necessary condition for the bird strikes to occur (and remember the chances of getting a bird strike aren't that good).That's what makes them cool: When they hit they really take you by surprise.-Bryan

If you get a bird strike (it's pretty rare) you can clear away the broken windshield effect by clicking on a selection that will pop-up on the Approach Page asking you if you want to clear the broken glass.Cheers,Bryan