Sign in to follow this  
byork

Fs2Crew checklists and speeds

Hello Chrisi,I would disagree on the checklists. The checklists are generally very much tied to the state of the aircraft. For example, in the Before Start Checklist the actual IAS, ALT and FUEL and TRIM values are read back. Same thing for the autobrake, and other items in the other checklists.For the landing checklists, if your speedbrake is not armed, that will be indicated.A few checklist items are not tied to the aicraft such "window... closed and locked" because the windows can't be opened. For a couple other checklist items such as "Gear.. Off" the response is always off because the FO will always put the gear in the off position.2. You mean the Performance Calculation Sheet? Most of the information on the PCS sheet is generic because the data is not available through FS or the Level-D to create a real one. The V speeds on the PCS however are not generic, and they are displayed on the PCS.Hope that helps,Bryan

Hi,thanks for the answer, but I can tell you some items that don't work.1. Shutdown checklist, I leave the fuel cutoff switches on, but that is not indicated.2. Rudder checks: even if the rudder is not full left / right / centered, FO will always answer with checked.3. Mode announciation: i announce an incorrect mode, but FO always answeres with checked.4. I'm sure there are more...Related to that you said about the landing gear:"For a couple other checklist items such as "Gear.. Off" the response is always off because the FO will always put the gear in the off position."I didn't test this but: what would happen if I manually lower the gear?And even when it indicates that i done something wrong, and I don't immediately fix that, the checklist will stil go on and will be completed.Related to the PCS: perhaps you are right, but I cannot find where is located the non generic data on the PCS. Where exactly are the Vspeeds? And what is the format of the PCS? Can You please explain, manual doesn't contain anything on this.Thank You,Cristi

Hello Cristi,There is an expecation that users will follow the general flow of the program.Of course if you try to deviate from the flow of the program and deliberately try to trick it (ie., performing the Shut Down checklist even though the engines are still running, then yes can trick the crew into making incorrect responses in certain instances).2. Rudder checks: FS9 does not model a true triller. The rudder is tied to the nose gear. What this means in practical terms is that if you try to do the rudder control check while the aircraft is moving, you will swerve left and right. It doesn't look pretty.Personally I don't physically perform the rudder check for this very reason, although I still have the crew make the associated callouts as if you were doing the full rudder check.Hopefully FS X will model a true tiller.3. Mode announciation. It's a Level-D SDK limitation. I wish I could read the modes on the EADI, but the SDK does not make that data available. The FS2Crew FO assumes that what you are doing with respect to the Mode Announciation call outs is correct because there is no way for him to know otherwise.4. Again, if you deliberatly go out of your way to trick the program by doing things the crew would not normally do, then yes, you can trick the program in some cases.5. PCS: To explain how to complete the PCS is way beyond the scope of FS2Crew. I might suggest looking at dedicated 767 manuals if you want to go that deep. The only thing that is non generic on the PCS are the V Speeds in boxes that say V1, VR and V2, and the flight number and date. They have have the handwriting font.Hope that helps,Bryan

Hi,i have just purchased this product and I am amazed... good job!!!I just finished the tutorial flight, and did a custom flight after and everything is fine.Some things are not clear yet (as I am new to fscrew):1. Checklists seem not to be influenced by the actual condition of the cockpit. Always the answer will be SET / CHECKED even if the item is not checked / set. As far as I know checklists are there to remind if things were forgotten, so in my oppinion the FO should react to that and tell me the to switch that button, and not go on with the rest of the checklist until every single item is completed.Am I right? Was it designed like this? Or how should this work?2. How can i read the speed sheet? I didn't find anything in the manual related to it's format. Where are the Vspeeds, does it contain derate information as it is entered in FMC? Which part of it is static (remains the same) and which depends on actual values?Thank You,Cristi

Hi Bryan,Thank you for the answers.OK, that is fair enough for the items that cannot be read from the SKD.Ok, sorry for insisting on this, but myself I'm a software developer also (ex C++, currently .NET) :) and I have the tendency to look for abnormal flows / error conditions.However I am not trying to deliberatly trick the software, sometimes I simply forget to do things, and I think checklists are about remindind you things you forgot. Put it another way: every checklist item that is possible to read with the SDK, should be checked. Related to the cutoff switches: could these also not be read from the SDK?PCS: Ok I must have a problem here, the V1, Vr, V2 boxes are empty on the PCS sheet (yes, i fill in the flap setting in the FMC), however the speeds are correctly read back, when the checklist is performed.PS. When I'll have time I will have a look over the SDK, perhaps I will understand better what the limitations are.I'm also preparing a whish list / thinks to improve, if you are interested.Thanks for helping me out,Cristi

Hello Cristi,Please email me your wish list.admin@fs2crew.comI'll see what I can do within the context of what is allowable within FS9, the Level-D 767 and their SDKs and a $24 price tag.Pls also send me a screenshot of your PCS sheet. I can see no reason why you cannot see the numbers.Thanks,Bryan