Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

PCS V Speeds are always incorrect

Guys,I don't have the tutorial at hand right now, and I can't remember if what you are saying somehow disagrees with it or not.But.What *is* important is that the user should be able to do things in a sequence where:- he will input everything else for the FMC, but not the speeds, because...- ... the FO will calculate the speeds, which will then be input in the FMC v-speeds (by the user), and these speeds SHOULD agree completely with the speeds that the user would get from the CDU if he just completed the preflight all by himself.The idea is to get the CORRECT speeds from the FO, in the form of PCS. Not the other way around, ie. that the PCS matches what the user would have gotten from the FMC. What stands in the PCS after speeds have already been received from the FMC has no relevance. The relevance lies in the fact that, like in real life, the V-speeds have to be calculated separately and the FS2C FO will do just that and display the V-speeds *beforehand* in the PCS and the user can then input those speeds for the FMC. These speeds should of course agree with that the FMC would give you in the first place.Teroedit: just re-read this thread and I think it's fairly obvious that the ZFW is the key here. The manual says to not input weights until after PCS received. If you do this, you will never get the PCS to display correct speeds, because as the PCS reads Level-D SDK, it cannot get correct speed information as the FMC does not have enough parameters to calculate V-speeds from UNTIL it has the ZFW input in it.Thus: ZFW and FLAP need to be set in the FMC before the FO hands out the PCS sheet. I'm not at home and cannot test, but I'm 99.99% sure that this amendment will fix this problem.

PPL(A)

Guest Paul Heaney

Enter the ZFW into the FMC BEFORE getting the PCS Sheet, and your numbers should match.

I agree with Tero here (unless i was bl**dy sure I would never disagree).I do my own PCS sheeet, so if I get the maths wrong I would want to cross check it with the FO PCS (none of us are infalliable)This FO is your major cross check, but for this he needs the ZFW.There for we need to enter it as part of the setup, not sure when this should be donr, but from reading Marcus's flow I would suggest just after you get the zfw from servisair.Chris

That is correct, the ZFW and FLAPS fields in the in the FMC must be filled out prior to receiving the PCS to get accurate values.The manual and tutorial will be clarified in Update 1.ZFW and Flaps can be entered after receiving the loadsheet hard copy from the agent.Cheers,Bryan