Sign in to follow this  
bigtallman

JETSET 266 callsign

Just wondered if there will be a future update so that we may be able to change the callsign. Its not too important but was just wondering.All the best and still loving the productRichard

Since this is part of the vaw files library pre-recorded by number of 'actors' it is hard to imagine this could be feasible.You could record your own set with most frequently used callsign, which I was told is not all that difficult,Cheers,Dom

I'm just in the throes of finishing off recording all the files for both crew members using she-who-must-be-obeyed as FO. I've changed the callsign to my own preferred airline (BA) but of course am unable to do the same for Jet Set Line etc - so I just removed "Jet Set" from the responses, and the result sounds pretty convincing.

I'll send them to Bryan soon - maybe today - for his evaluation and comment. I've yet to test them out fully on a flight so it may be a little longer - also Bryan may have strong views which require further work to be done on them. Trouble is, I forgot that today is our wedding anniversary - I'm hoping to twist her arm to finish her files off shortly, but you know how sensitive ladies are at such times.Currently I'm doing a handful of SID's for EGLL and have more to do for the routes I usually fly - these of course may not be to everyone's taste, and if/when the files are released I'll be happy to do more SIDs/STARs/IAPs etc provided the script is sent to me. Naturally the generic versions have been done already. I'm have a minor issue with my headset and soundcard at the moment and the voices are a little on the quiet side but we'll see. This latest Fs2Crew is SO brilliant I'd hate to do a job that wasn't up to scratch afa quality etc is concerned - hope you understand that.

If you need any data for UK airport sids and stars then feel free to contact me, got loads of up to date airport books ie charts with the sids and stars in them. Also bit of a school boy error on the anniversary fella, but turn it to your advantage, book a table and then casually say over the starter, "and you thought I'd forgotten what day it was!?" lolAll the bestRichard

It's been on of thoese days. I managed to convice the boss that what she really wanted to do on her *1st wedding anniversary was to finish of recording the wav files. SHe did that - an b4 you guys think I'm a bit of a philistine - I hadn't forgotten the date etc - anyway. I've just finished stitching her voice into the ones I rcorded for myself. I've done a few SIDs for EGLL but losts more to do, but enough hpefully to have a flight and see how we sound.Thanks for the offer Chris (it's a very big file - can it really be 76Mb zipped?) - I'll take you up on it if I may once I've made sure things are running OK. Tomorrow we;re away till Friday so it'll be over the weekend before I can do any more - sorry guys but things caught up with me today.

Also thanks RIchard for the offer of the data - I'll be back in touch when I start doing the procedures for the European destinations.

Thanks guys.Don't worry Bryan - after 41 years we still have a very happy marriage (in spite of FS9)!!