Sign in to follow this  
Guest fokker70

APU Power durning bad weather

Guest fokker70

Bryan,I was wondering if the airline that is modeled, keep the apu ON during take off's when then the weather is not optimal. ie lightning strikes?Just curious, as I reviewing the flows.Jeff

Hello Jeff,I actually asked Captain Dave Barrington that same question, because in the PMDG 737 version of FS2Crew you have the option to leave the APU on if the weather is looking rough.This what Dave said (copied and pasted from an email):> Are there any situations where you'd want to leave> the APU on for taxi and> takeoff?Low Vis procedures may be a good idea but is notessential, otherwise on the 767 I can't think of anyother time.So there you go. Dave has something like 20,000 plus hours in the 767, so I'll take his word for it.Cheers,Bryan

Guest fokker70

Me too Bryan. Thanks for the update, and thanks to the Captain for his knowledge and information.Jeff

Guest Paul Heaney

It's amazing what you can do, with the right support. Capt. Barrington's assistance is appreciated.

I really appreciate his effort in the making FS2Crew 767 a fabulous add-on, but he's GOTTA think we're a bunch of dorks...I know my wife thinks I'm a absolute geek... My 12 yr old son has his PS2. et al. in the same room as my computer, and he makes fun of the FA all the time.James

Guest Amati2

...you are not alone sir....JP