Sign in to follow this  
Guest ihorizon

After one week.....

Guest ihorizon

Guys and Brian: This thing is simply fantastic! I'm getting better and better running this thing. I still make a few mistakes now and then that causes it to not work properly. Stupid things such as not hitting the secondary button during taxi. That tends to screw up the timing of events.Last night, I did something wrong that the after takeoff events did not take place. I ended up flying like I did before buying this. But when I got to the destination and did the approach brief, I heard everything that is supposed to take place after takeoff.So.....in a nutshell: BE CERTAIN YOU PUSH THE CORRECT BUTTON WHILE TAXING!Now, I got a question for EVERYONE: For the non-pilots, could you actually fly a real Boeing 767 if you were a passenger and the unthinkable happens? I believe I have better than a 50-50% chance of getting it on the ground in one piece.ihorizonSugar Hill, Ga

My wife and her friends overheard me one time, telling this guy, "I'm confident I could land a 767," (Vis the A/P and Autoland of course.)They still make fun of me to this day!I'm sure that all of us would have sensory overload; things like not really knowing how the push buttons, switches, etc. really feel when you toggle them; moving the flap lever, gear lever; actual motion of the aircraft. It would be overwhelming, but possible.James

Hello,Thank you again for the kind words :-)For the takeoff events, you probably forgot to run the RTO Brief.The Rejected Takeoff Brief is how you know that FS2Crew is in Takeoff Mode. (You can also double check the Mode on the Dep Brief).If you don't hear it -the RTO Brief- when you press the Secondary Button, just click on the RTO text itself on the Dep Brief page to play the RTO Brief (that's the backup).Cheers,Bryan

Guest Paul Heaney

Glad your enjoying it, I've done about 6 3+ hour flights this week, and I'm having a blast as well. I especially enjoy the takeoff roll up to cruise, and the intercept and landing. Way cool.

Guest ihorizon

Like forgetting to run the RTO Brief, is there anyway to get it to "catch-up?"ThanksihorizonSugar Hill, Ga

Hi,If you'll have a look on the LevelD forums one guy there actually shares his experience on a full motion 767 simulator.According to what he said he did quite well, and landed safely.So... I suppose the difference betwenn the full motion sim and the actual plane is not that big :)Ok, a quick question for you:Put yourself in the position that you actually HAVE to fly it, with 300 pax on board. Now would you use the AP or land manually? :)))Cristi

Guest Skiff

I don't know if mine was the post you were referring to, but I've spent some time in a 767 full motion sim. I was able to land safely, though it was for the most part in mild conditions.That being said, if I had the situation where I had to actually fly it, and try to land, there is no question that I'd set up for a fully automatic landing.Jon (KSEA)betateam.jpg