Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis BAW976

Question on SID STAR files

Hi Bryan,Just one more question, How do we add SID/ STAR files to FS2Crew, the main one are OK but I fly mostly in and out of Heathrow, so how could I add DVR and MID sids to the departure brief page?Also would the same procedure work on STARSChris

Hello Chris,All the wavs used for the SID/STAR/IAP briefs are located in:FS9/Sounds/FS2Crew/767The respective sub-folders are called "iap", "sid" and "star".You can record over any wav file you like using a microphone and a recording program.Cheers,Bryan

Sorry Bryan,Probably not beeing very clear. I don't want to replace your excellent work, but I was wondering if there was a way to add to the SID/ STAR briefings that are available.So if we wanted to add another CPT sid to the one currently available, is it possible to do that, in which case what do I cal the file, or must the file in the SID folder be called EGLL?Chris

Hi,please excuse me for jumping in, but I have an ideea for the dev team / next version.Would it be possible to generate that SID / STAR briefing dynamically, based exclusively on the SID / STAR XML description. I know this is not easy, but i think is achieveble.Bryan, what do You think?

Somehow I get a feeling that yours is a very good idea. Not easy though but the XML files do contain a lot of info on the turns, restrictions et cetera.I imagine it would not sound very good though with the current voice capability, but would be cool in general. Sometimes even the bug & EFFRA callouts give me shivers... we have zero-zero-two-zero bugged for one-zero-zero......:-)

Hello Chris,You'd have to overwrite an existing file name and use that. If you don't fly in the US, you may want to overwrite the American briefs. Do not change their file names though!You would just need to make a mental note that the selected brief would play a different brief.You cannot change the name of the briefs as indicated in the Dep/Arr page. Only I can do that.Hope that helps,Bryan

Kyle is right, it wouldn't sound very good. I'd also have to deal with the fix names, and break them down the same way as the numbers are broken down. It's a good idea in theory, but in practice it just wouldn't work out well.Cheers,Bryan

Yep, you might me right, unless you have a very large database of fix sounds. FS default ATC has this with the airport names, of course I imagine that Microsoft has a bit more money to spend on people recording aiport names :)However could you please work a litle on the generated numbers (EFRA, ZFW, speeds) i think this can be improved not to sound to artificial.Thanks,Cristi

Seems there are a few of us with the same idea here. Perhaps Bryan if you are thinking of updating at some time you could revert to the format used in the PMDG737 and have sid1.wav sid2.wav star1.wav star2.wav etc - those who want to use their own procs can then create their own guide as to which file contains which procedure.I'm creating sets of SIDs STARs and IAPs for each route I fly also an idiot guide so I know which SID to use when for example I fly out of Heathrow for say Frankfurt and the corresponding STAR and IAPs. As an example I have a choice of 4 Dover SIDs out of EGLL - DVR 5F (Rwy 27R) DVR 4G (Rwy 27L) DVR 6J (Rwy 09L) and DVR 6K (Rwy 09L), so the current designations are a bit confusing. I appreciate you've got a lot on your plate with all the suggestions we're making at the moment - but this one would probably be easier to set up than most.