Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

FS2Crew & FMC

I usually plan my flight with FSNavigator and export it to LDS. I do nothing else with the FMC other then activate the route. My question is will FS2Crew work with nothing else programmed in the FMC? I have read that FS2Crew uses this, that and other stuff from the FMC for some of its calls.JimCYWG

Hello Jim from Winterpeg,I'm not quite sure I follow. Are you saying that you don't enter a cruise altitidue and cost index and ZFW, etc., in the FMC? If so, why not if I may ask?If that's the case, FS2Crew will still function, but some of the values it displays and uses (for example the V Speeds on the PCS sheet and the V-speeds played back during the Before Start checklist) will be off because it needs to read sections from the FMC which I gather you do not fill out.So if I'm following you correctly, you can still use FS2Crew 767, but some of the speeds will not be 100 percent accurate unless you fill out the entire FMC. Also, FS2Crew assumes the VNAV will be used in the takeoff. I take it you loose VNAV functionality with the FMC only half completed. In that case just manually use FLCH.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest ARanc

Hi Jim,You should take the time to learn the FMC. Its the heart of the plane. I too struggled with the FMC but once you learn it its a sinch.CheersAlexwww.fs2crew.comhttp://www.fs2crew.com/betateam.jpg

Thanks for the replies men. You are right Brian, in that that is all I do. I like the old style of flying. I would use just VOR's but sometimes there arn't enough of them. You see my point. I know what you mean Alex but it just doesn't interest me to fly with a FMC. Anyways it sounds like most of it will work and make the experience worh it. I will give it a try.thanks.JimCYWinterpeGIt may be, but I had the motorcycle out in the 2nd week of March for a cool ride. I've got an electric vest though so it wasn't too bad.

I use FSNavigator to generate flightplans for the 767/FSCrew.There is a module available on the FSNavigator website to allow you to export from FSNavigator in a form the 767 FMC can loadhttp://www.fsnavigator.com/download/FSNAV-...T-LDS767-V2.zipSo then when the FSCrew checklist says you should be entering the route, you merely enter the filename of the flightplan you exported into the "Company Route" slot, activate the route and away you go.I do this because you can also export from FSNavigator into FS9 format, which means you get the FS ATC and your flightplan in synch.

ngxu_banner.png

Sorry, think I misunderstood you question!Yes, you need to do the rest, i.e. weights, flap settings, etc, just don't have to programme the route into the FMC!If you follow the Index on the FMC, you will get it in the right order, but you do need to progress through this in sequence with the FSCrew checklist.

ngxu_banner.png