Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

Random voices

Hi BryanIs it possible for you to add a few extra scripts for some events?Example, when you first start the flight and you ask the engineer if there are any defects I always get the same reply 'I cant believe theres nothing wrong' etc. Can you not add maybe 3 or 4 different responses so each time you run FS2Crew you get a random responseExample, 'Theres some minor damage to the pitot tube, it will be fixed in a moment, the mechanics are almost done'RegardsGraham

Hello Graham,That's already there.During the engineer dialogue, FS2Crew checks to see if any failures are active. If there are, the Engineer will mention the associated failure and say something like: "The last crew reported a problem with ______, I've checked it out, it seems okay. But keep an eye on it".Cheers,Bryan

Hi, Would be cool for Captains, FO, and other actors'voices... Exemples :- "One to go", "One Thousand 2 go... "- 2 or 3 different (radom) responses when you ask him to do something like Gear, EAI, WAI, Ding Dong, Sit the FAs... ... knowing EXACTELY and everytime what the FO and FAs etc. are going 2 say is... Mmmm... how can I say ? :-) Would be cool if this was possible...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

That's a good suggestion. The big trouble trouble is I'm limited to .wav type files, and they are huge.Hopefully when FSX comes out we'll have the option to use MP3's.That will drastically reduce the file size.Right now, though, to do 3 different versions of each wav would result in a huge download file (not to mention associated development and recordings costs) that do not outweigh the benefits.Remember that not everyone has broadband internet.If you want to know, what I really want is a text-to-voice program that sounds 100 percent human.The day I can do away with recording voices and using .wav files... well, that will be a glorious day :-)Bryan

Why not make an X-tra sound package ? (for those who can download it)Plus, there more and more people moving to broadband... I'm affraid MS will stick to its .wav format files... Really.

Okey... :-(

I cant wait for the new pilot voice set. I use RC4 and it will be great to have the same pilot voice on FS2Crew and RC4. I may record a pilot set of my own for both packages in my own voice. Not that theres anything wrong with the ones out at the mo but then I can change the script as I like then.I cant wait to start flying some really long flights. What with the LDS767, the BA repaint, FS2Crew + all my other addons and now my newly recieved LDS printed manual I am in heaven.The wifes working this weekend so I can really spend some time on this. (rubs hands together in glee!)regardsGraham

>During the engineer dialogue, FS2Crew checks to see if any>failures are active. If there are, the Engineer will mention>the associated failure and say something like: "The last crew>reported a problem with ______, I've checked it out, it seems>okay. But keep an eye on it".Bryan - Checking up on these files - they all seem to be computer generated and not from the engineer - ie using a MS speech recognition voice.

I've come across a few more in my travels - I'll let you know where they are - shouldn't be too difficult for me to pick them out - it'll be the ones I've not recorded over :)