Sign in to follow this  
Guest mileger

Before start checklist not performed

Guest mileger

Dear Bryan,I love the ATR edition and it's going to be the same for the 763 edition. However, I would like to know how stricly we have to follow and be restricted to the tutorial flow.When I start from Dark&Cold I follow the required steps before starting FS2Crew. (By the way are these setting also important : Autobrakes-Off, Emergency Light-Unarmed ?)But I often have the problem that the FO doesn't perform the Before Start Checklist. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I always follow the tutorial the same way. The only thing I may change is that I hit the clock to go faster but I wait for the right time displayed to perform the next step.Could you please tell me what are the events directly linked to the Before Start Checklist?Regards,Michael.

Hello Michael,I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the ATR version.First, to clarify I take it you don't own the 767 Edition and these are just pre-purchase questions?Autobrakes and Emergency Lights: They should be in the off position (if you use the FS2Crew Tutorial File as a base they will be), however if for whatever reason they're not in the off position it does not make a difference. The FO will set them to the proper position regardless of their position during his cockpit setup flow.As for a general comparision between the ATR Edition and the 767 Edition: The learning curve on the 767 Edition is significantly lower, which means that it's harder for users to confuse the program.Provided they follow the Tutorial flight, the average user should be able to successfully complete a flight from A to B in a couple tries.In the ATR Edition it would take the average user 5 or more tries before they could get the hang of it.Much of this is due to the fact that, being a Turboprop, the ATR is generally a much more complex (and less automated) plane than the 767, which makes it more challenging to operate, especially with regards to crew interaction. The fact is the bigger the airplanes get, the easier they are to fly. As for the Before Start Checklist... assuming you're refering to the 767 Edition, all you need to do is press the Main Button to run the checklist anytime the time to departure is lower than 14 minutes. It's pretty cut and dry.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest mileger

Dear Bryan,Thanks for your fast answer. I agree with you and that's why ATR/FS2Crew is the best add-on(s) I have seen up to now.Actually, I already own the 767 Edition for few days and I was reporting a problem I encounter often (not always) while using it. I am just understanding that I made a big mistake in my previous post. I wrote "Before Start Checklist" instead of "Before Start Flow". I am really sorry (english is not my mother tongue!).So my problem is that the FO is often not performing the before start FLOW and I would like to know what may interfer.Regards,Michael.

Hello Michael,Not a problem.When the time reaches '0' on the clock panel, the FO will ask you if he can call for the push and start clearance.The associated dialogue panel will pop up.If you click 'yes', the FO will then call for the push and start clearance, and then he will perform his Before Start scan.The exact switches he will flip as part of his Before Start scan are outlined in the manual.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest bkhopp

Just a note from a happy customer to back up what Bryan said. Very easy to use. Got it after a couple tutorial flights and can do the monitored approach after one try pretty well. And it's not because of my native skill ;-)Buy it! Great job Bryan.Ben

Guest mileger

Bryan,Maybe I was not clear enough again.I do exactly what is described in the tutorial (indeed very easy to understand). When time reaches '0' the FO call for P&S but when I click "yes", the FO doesn't perform the Before Start scan and from that point, I have to flip all the switches myself, start the engines etc. which is a pity...Again, I have to say that this problem doesn't occur all the time but most of the time.Thanks for the support,Michael.

Hello Michael,That's a tough one because it works for you some of the time, but not all the time.There must be something you're doing different; what it could be I don't know because the code for this section is dead simple.About 12 seconds after you press 'yes' on the FO dialogue panel, the FO should turn on the Red Beacon and perform his remaining Before Start Flow items (packs off, etc).Are you loading the FS2Crew SFO Tutorial situation file and running the SFO to LAX tutorial?Do you have the Level D Service Update 3 installed?All the best,Bryan

Guest mileger

Dear Bryan,I have done many different tests removing all the other add-ons I usually use.I have no problem if I use the panel setting from your tutorial even when starting from another location than KSFO (I only have the problem that IRS alignement is done by the FO for KSFO as described in the troubleshooting section of your manual).But when I start from dark & cold, the FO doesn't perform the Before Start Flow as said in my previous post.However, this is the situation I have just before activating FS2Crew (I mean between D&C and starting FS2Crew):- Autobrake : off- Emergency light : unarmed- Bank angle : 25

Hello Michael,I'm just throwing out guesses. Are you running other programs that call the Level-D SDK?The code is so simple for that section that there is nothing for me to possibly change. When you click 'yes', the FO peforms his flow and moves switches regardless of their current position.Your cockpit setup should have no effect on the FO's ability to perform his Before Start flow, so I'm at a loss as to why it will not work with your Cold and Dark situation.Things to try:1. Make sure you're not using time acceleration (Sim 1X).2. Instead of creating your own cold and dark scenerio, just import the Panel Data from the FS2Crew Tutorial file. See if that helps.3. Lastly, just stick to your tried and true method since that works for you.Those are my guesses. So far you're the only one to experience this that I know of; if someone else reports it then we can compare your setup to his to try to identify whatever would cause this.Cheers,Bryan

Guest mileger

Hello Bryan,It seems that the problem was coming from the panel data file I was using as everything is fine (even from dark and cold) wih anothe one.The reason still remains strange to me...Thanks again.You have done a very nice add-on !MichaelPS: I think that it would be a pity to make the next FS2Crew edition for the PMDG 747 especially if you have no access to SDK. I really think ATR edition is wonderful (also because of the aircraft itself) and I hope you'll get interested in an aircraft different than a modern Boeing.... I think FS2Crew is very interesting to discover new procedures/way of flying (so why not the Coolsky MD80 for example???)

There are a lot of great planes out there worth doing, but from a time/cost/return perspective, I can only do the airplanes with the biggest potential market size.Most people want modern Boeing jets.However, it would be nice though to see PMDG or Level-D do an Airbus.Cheers,Bryan