Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis BAW976

Push back procedural questions

Guest duncan

Quick silly thoughtI use Radar Contact, which as an option to request permission to push and start (its actually the key 2 (top row not numeric key pad)It would be great if FS Crew could make the call for me, insetd of playing the wave, also for those flying on line or using other ATC programs maybe would like to disable this call, maybe a configuration tab on the start panelThanks for a great program Bryan, I keep expecting to look left and see that you have inserted a graphic into the cockpit!!Have funDuncan Butler

Hello Duncan,I don't own Radar Contact. Can you explain in detail how it works with the Push and Start clearance.Are you saying that Radar Contact includes its own FO who requests push and start if you press #2?Or does pressing #2 on the numberic keypad just get the ATC to give you the clearance (no FO voice)?Can this function be re-mapped in RC to another key?I can easily have the FO press #2, but if people are changing their Keyboard assignments for RC that could become a problem.Let me know,Bryan

>Hello Duncan,>>I don't own Radar Contact. Can you explain in detail how it>works with the Push and Start clearance.>>Are you saying that Radar Contact includes its own FO who>requests push and start if you press #2?>>Or does pressing #2 on the numberic keypad just get the ATC to>give you the clearance (no FO voice)?>>>Can this function be re-mapped in RC to another key?>>I can easily have the FO press #2, but if people are changing>their Keyboard assignments for RC that could become a>problem.>>Let me know,>Bryan>Bryan,It is the latter. RC4 makes the call for push back clearance only. And I'm pretty sure it is always #2, unless the pilot has change the RC4 menu. There are two options after getting weather and clearance. 1. Contact Ground2. Request Push and StartShould work.Bob...Bob...

Bryan:It's probably not as straight forward as having the FO press the #2 key. RC4 interfaces with FS9 through the Adv Display product. When you load a flight plan into RC4 and activate, the Adv display will popup (assuming activated in FS9) initially with two options:1.) request weather (ATIS freq)2.) request clearence (Clr delv freq)The radio frequency will be listed next to the options. Generally speaking, you first have to have your radio tuned to the frequency of the option number you are going to push before you will get any response. After you get clearence, the menu will change to:1. request taxi (ground freq))2. request push & start (ground freq)Not being exactly sure how real procedures work, when working with FS2Crew and RC4 together, when the FO ask captain if it's okay to push, I select "standby", push option 2 on the RC4 adv display menu to request ATC clearence for push & start and then let the FO request clearence from ramp control.I am wondering, in the real world, if this would be redundant. Do you have to get push and start clearence from both ATC ground control and "ramp control"?Jerry LauderbaughB763 Captain, Delta Virtual Airlines

Guest CTyankee

Hi all,These keypress conflicts can be avoided by using Radar Contact's capability to customize key assignments. See the RCV4 Manual, Page 116. I use CS1 (Ctrl-Shft-1), CS2, etc. to input commnds to Radar Contact. That leaves "1", "2", etc. available for other purposes.Hope this helps,Sandy

Guest duncan

Hi BryanI did say it was a silly thought :), I will have to go away and think about this a bit, it just seamd a shame that I had two calls for push back and start. RC4 tends to use only the 1 key to call for clearance or change to another ATC center Calling clearance/Ground/Tower/Departure/Center/Approach/tower/GroundThe key 2 is used for Getting weather, and after clearance for asking for pushback/startafter which it returns to getting weather.both sides of the conversation are heard, ie a pilot asking for clearance and clearance being given, responses are usually using the 7 key.So as it stands anyway I have two sets of waves being played for a pilot, but to be honest you get so involved with what is being said and the squence of things to be done, that the difference in voices dosn't tend to be noticed, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Duncan

Hi Duncan,I'll see if I get the copy of RC I requested, but I like the idea though. It's not silly.The trouble with doing this kind of thing is that while it's easy for me to simulate making keypresses, it's just one more thing for the end user to bungle up if everything isn't setup properly.Cheers,Bryan

Guest duncan

Hi BryanRC is a great program, and does work well with FSCrew, I think from a development point of view you will find it interesting, as it opens other possibilities for the cockpit enviroument. Thanks for all the hard work, and great programsDuncan

Having BOTH RC4 and FS2Crew I too had this problem with duplicate calls. Having also got voice recordings in RC4 as well I found the easiest solution was to record a short blank wav file and substitute the FS2Crew file. So when I press the Main button for FS2Crew to call for push back clearance there's nothing to hear, but of course the Mian button sequencing is retained - I then press the appropriate number (2 to push and start) to get RC4 to do it instead. Sounds complex until you do it.

Guest skyhog

Hi All, just going through all the threads here. I have not got myFS2Crew for 767 yet because of my dial uo connection but I have beenusing RC for a couple of years now and there are no problems from RCif you by pass the pushback. You can let FS2crew do the pushback andthen get your taxi clearance from RC. I always use the S/C for my keypresses as there are to many other things using some of the keys. Just my thoughts on this subject. I'm waiting for the CD to come out Bryan. When can I expect it?This new one for the 767 is making my mouth water.