Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

eDimensional 3D glasses...are they really worth it???

Hi, My name is Mitchell and I am a 13 year old boy who just has a heart for flying. I have all the goodies for flightsim and I love real flying to. I am a regular visitor to the flightsim sites looking for new downloads and if appealing I might even purchase something. Well, I found out about the eDimensional 3d wired glasses and read tons of reviews that just praised them. So, I saved up the $80 to get them.Now, here I am 3 months later completly dissatisfied because of 1:the extremely poor quality of the simulator when 3D is turned on (two images of the runway centerline and constant flickering of the image, sometimes even movement of the screen, if you will). 2:the"good service" is some of the worst I've dealt with because I called about 2 days after it went out of the 30 warranty which I was not aware of and because of lack of time, and they refused to take them back. So, here I am $80 wased. I would like to warn anyone and everyone that this is a very poor product as far as I am concerned. Now, maybe I just do'n have it set up right but I know that with our Dell Pentium 4 with a NVidia 32mb video card and 256 mb of ram I think it is not the computer that is causing the issue. I would also like to know if you are satisfied with this product that you would reply to this post and please help me out to possibly configure something.

They are full worth it however I dont use them on every flight. The set up is the biggest part. My set up is simular and let state what I've done to enjoy the 3d aspect. First off you need to state:1) What video card and drivers you are using. (GForce 3 with 30.82WHQL card driver and the stero driver is 30.87)2) What your settings are as far as the refresh rate, stereo seperation, and gamma setting. (mine is 70 htz, 4%, and 1.00)3) Are you flying using the 2d panel or the virtual cockpit and on what planes? (I fly using the virtual cockpit only for the 3d glasses)Since the 30.87 was the last WHQL stero driver released for nvidia I suggests just using that along with its equal driver fro the card of 30.82. I once tried to use a non WHQL card drive in the 40.XX and found that that dirver did not support 3d making it were I could not use the glasses so depending on what card driver you are using might cause conflict with your 3d driver and graphic. Next I found that by having the stereo seperation set to 4% provided the 3d effect with out getting a lot of double vision and made the gauges blurry and hard to read. You can alway increase or decrease this by using the CRTL F3 and F4 hot key default settings or just by adjusting it in the main menu. Lastly I noticed that sometime on the 2d panel I get noise at the bottom of the screen "?". Ever since the vc panels came out I never use the 2d panels unless I need to check something or change something that I don't have a hot key or joystick assignment for. Hope that helps.Kilstorm

Hi,I own them. But after I bought a AOPEN GF4 4200 550MHz Card, I get a blank black screen when I just and only plugg them at the DVI+Adapter Port of my card. So, I cannot use them. Are they unusable with GF4???Or what is the way to get them working? My Card should be best to use them and fly with them, especialy since I have the PIC-A320 with just a brilliant interactiv VC!Regards,T-A-H MultiMedia Productionshttp://www.t-a-h.comt-a-h@t-a-h.comAMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP home; FS2k2 pro