Sign in to follow this  
Andayle

Cold and dark?

Hiya allI bought the FS2CREW addon for the 767 over the weekend and I'm finding the best addon outside of the 767 itself that I have ever purchased. Hats off to the devs and beta team :)Right now to my questions. (there very simple and probably well documented but i couldnt find them)Can I start fs2crew in a cold and dark panel situation? rather than having the apu already running? I'm not sure if there is a checklist for this or not.And my second question is about the things like passanger sickness and cracked windows. Are these a random event or are they trigered by something I would do? If they are triggered is there a way to have them set randomly? I love the idea of something happening enroute thats random and would also give ATC online a bit or a change :DMany thanksDean

Dean Farley

Sick pax, air rage, and thus are random events triggered by carrying out a manual event when in the cruise, if you do not want these do not carry out a manual event. Knowing this is useful for an online event such as the cross the pond event, as ATC have the right to tell you to cancel the emergency or rerquest you to disconnect.A birdstrike, is triggered by the oil qty check on the ground after engine start.I know that if you press the oil check button at a certain time you WILL get a birdstrike. This is useful for beta testers, but for line operators is not so important soooooooooooooo, being a mean git, I am not going to tell you when, as in real life you do not know when a bird will commit hari kari into the front of your plane.Chris

Hi Dean,Glad to hear you're enjoying the software.1. To expand on what Chris said, the events mentioned are random. Generally, pressing the 'oil check' and 'manual event' buttons are necessary conditions for the random events to play, however it is not sufficient as you still have to fall within other parameters related to time of day/week, etc., for the actual event to occur.2. Cold and dark: Yes you can, just remember that you'll need to manually handle the apu/external power and turn on air conditioning and position lights yourself.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks for the replys.I glad you never told me when exactly when to do and oil check to get the bird strike as Like I said earlier I love randomness hehe.ThanksDean

Dean Farley