Sign in to follow this  
Guest higge

Why I use this product??

Guest higge

I bought a while ago 767 version of FS2Crew thinking it would help me fly this beauty, but I was very very wrong.It took me much more deeper hole than I thought in my worst nightmare in virtual aviation.Then again I thought I am just too stupid to learn to fly this. So off to sky without copilot, making my own decisions about gear, flaps etc or even to VATSIM flying like pro pilots do..Naah, it won't work anyway so what's a point to do that.Well, offline might be more easier, ofcourse I may do that.Took a several flights, all went well, me... Happy :)So plane is under control, copilot onboard, off we go.NO!!! WRONG!!! It's too difficult, too many things to learn again.I tought there must be the mighty arcade way to do it, sure this is for big crowd so they must have done it PS2 way.Naah, it sucks, I can't do it.Oh well, I bought 737 from PMDG thinking that would be nicer plane to catch because of it's size and all. And guess what?It really is..So what I do? Ofcourse I buy FS2Crew copilot with that just because I got a coupon for discount.Stupid me!!!Do a man married with four kids have better things to do than wasting money to a computer program what he can't even use propelly.It should have.Now I'm using this 737 version for second day, trying and trying and even getting a clue what to do (yep, The Sweet song).You got me doing it the hard way. I have to learn, and I sure will.This is just what makes simulation to simulation level, hard and heavy.It's not easy but very rewarding to learn./rant off/Off to learn more, I love this hehJarkko

Thanks Jarkko,I'll take that as words of support I guess :-)The 767 Edition has a lower learning curve than the 737 Edition owing to its new interface method.If you follow the 767 tutorial line by line you'll do okay.FS2Crew is not an arcade game; we're going for as real as it gets and, as much as I try to keep the learning curve down, a learning curve goes hand in hand with that.Cheers,Bryan

And if you want a challenge,do a flight from MAN-LHR, 30secs after climb out you are briefing for arrival, and the weather in the UK was really marginal (Thunder on take off and rain on arrival). I normally fill in all my times and leg data on the flight plan as I go, but tonight I had a moment of forethought and filled in the arrival data before take off. I took off and the wx was so sh*t I had no time to do anything but fly the plane, that was a bit of a nipper.Still we are safe at LHR and the bird is tied down for the night!.Bon Jovi tomorrow night in Koblenz with Nickelback in support, then off to watch the Champions League final!Chris

Not only are we going for realism, but honestly, I have had so many moments in the 767 where I've either:- WISHED I had a fist officer helping me, OR (post-FS2Crew release)- Been so grateful that I DO have a first officer!If you consider that I run Ultimate Traffic AI at 100% and Radar Contact as well, he's kept me out of trouble on a daily basis!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark,If you're running the British voice set for FS2Crew 767, Graham Jackson is about to release a small file that will synch his voice directly into Radar Contact with FS2Crew.That way it will sound like the FS2Crew 767 FO is talking to ATC via Radar Contact V4.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,Yeah I need to download the set and will jump on his RC compatibility update as well, being a Kiwi I find the american accent just doesn't reflect who I am. :-)Oh and no word from my contacts as yet sorry. I will chase them up.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg