Sign in to follow this  
Guest UnitedPilot32

New Voice Sets

Guest UnitedPilot32

HiI was wondering if anyone was making a voice set for an american airline. I know that the first version of the FS2crew was an american pilot but it would be nice if a voice set was made airline specific. If someone please let me know and if not thats fine. I have been one avsim.com looking for cabin announcements that are .wav files and the only ones i have found are for a delta airlines 757, and they are totally different from the FS2crew cabin announcements. This would be a huge help to me Thanks -John

As someone who has voiced a set for the brit pack all I can say is good luck.it is amazing the bugs you can build in.There are over 600 file to do in FS2crew, and the cpt is involved in most of them.If that doesn't send you batty, just wait til you do the departure and arrival briefings, they will send you around the twist.Chris

Guest UnitedPilot32

ThanksI am sorry if this came out the wrong way but what i was looking for were cabin announcements that say something like "Welcome on board United Airlines, the aircraft for your flight today will be a 767-300". I was looking for the cabin announcements (located in the pa folder) Sorry about the mix upJohn :)

Nah - I can vouch for the fact that Chris is much battier than he was before we started out on this project :-wave

See what I mean?But to go back to the original question in this thread - the British set is British Airways specific, and although I don't have the details of the BA announcements - in spite of asking around for them - the PA announcements do refer to both the airline and the fact that it's a Boeing 767.Our future plans are to include all of the BA 767 route files (from the UK and return) including PA and Captain announcements with route time etc as well as SIDs STARs and IAPs. Quite a task for Chris too I can tell you. I also have a friend who's struggling to develop a program to automate the copying over of the appropriate files to the SID STAR and IAP direcories in the FS2Crew/767 folder - but that too is taking quite a while. If anyone out there has any programing knowledge to do such a (simple?) task them please let me know.Thanks

OK - good question. Let me try and outline what I have in mind.As the BA 767 has a number of specific destinations - almost all of them are either Europe or North America, I thought it would be a good idea to have a small program that would do the following: Present the Captain with a departure airport and a destination airport drop down box. Then having done that a 'Do it' button that would copy the SIDs for the departure airport and the STARs and IAPs for the arrival airport into the appropriate directory. Most of the UK flights originate from EGLL - which means that each route has the choice of 4 SIDs. There are only 8 spare SID slots in the directory so each time a route is flown from EGLL the appropriate SID set will need to be copied over. To cover all of the routes there are 9 basic SIDs, each with their set of 4 which means it's not possible to incorporate them into the directory and leave them there to pick and choose from - also I havent even covered the SIDs from the various destinations for the return trip.The automation process will also copy across the appropriate welcome messages for the Captain and Flight Attendant as well as a text file to decode where the different SIDs STARs and IAPs are ie which of the original wavs have been replaces as my understanding is that the current names of the procedures are hard coded into the program.Hope that's made things clear. The only alternative to a small program is to use zip files which can be a bit messy, but if the program doesn't come through then I'll revert to using zips.