Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Ground Crew Voices - Re-visited

Guest Bud

Hello BryanA while ago I posted about having ground crew voices cut in during flight. Still happens - I now realise why. After p/b the dialogue should conclude once the engines are stable. This should be automatic. It doesn't happen for me and it is this segment of dialogue which plays later - usually upon landing.I've scoured the manual and believe, probably incorrectly, that I have religiously followed all necessary steps - The FO certainly picks up on the after start OK. Could I ask, what is the cue which auto-starts the closing g/c dialogue?Bud

Hi Bud,Quick question to get a bit of focus on the issue, does this happen when all the time, irrespective of the direction of the push. Or does this happen on the push back with the tail to the right. (basically so the FO has to call that GC is clear.I reported a right push problem to Bryan (I actually found the related wav but I have forgotten which one it is) and in update 1.1 Bryan bolseterd some coding to stop it happening in flight (it still happens Bryan, but only now when you land at the destination).Chris

Hello Bud,The trigger is that the engines (left and right) have to be stabilized after start. Both have to be roughly equal to each other.This is also the trigger for the FO's after start flow (you'll see him flipping the appropriate switches).Be sure to start the right engine first (Main Button).Also, as a guess, if you're running a split throttle setup (hardware) make sure both throttle levers are fully at idle.Also, as a guess, after you've started both the left and right engines, give them time to stabalize. It can take a few seconds.As for the PB sound playing during landing: I'll need you to identify the exact wav. Cheers,Bryan

Guest Bud

Hello Chris and BryanGood point Chris, it happens only when the tail is to the right. It has just permeated to my fairly slow brain that tail left all is OK. When this does happen, the conclusion of the g/c dialogue is played on landing at destination.Bryan - all requirements of the auto conclusion of the g/c dialogue are met for both right and left p/bs. I haven't made a note of the actual wav file which plays on landing, but it must be the file which should be cued up following a tail right p/b.Bud

Hi Bud,Try this as a work around, when pushing back to the right, do not set the parking break prior to N2 on the left hand engine reaching 50%.This seems to work for me (but I will report back this evening after I have done a short trial).It may be that we are setting the PB to early and getting out of synch, but I am not sure about that.Chris

Guest Bud

Hello ChrisThanks for the tip - I'll give it a go. On my last few flights I've been getting left tail p/bs and all has gone fine.Just one other thought I had, but not had a chance to test, is could the p/b angle make a difference. Historically I've tended to use 80% mainly because when I first got the 767 I had the never ending p/b syndrome when using an angle of 90%. I suppose now using the FS2C p/b process, this issue may no longer apply. Bud

I'm still having difficulty reproducing this...The important thing is that the Parking Brake be set prior to pushback.Only release the parking brake when instructed by the Start Crew near the beginning of the push.Then, only re-set the parking brake when so instructed by the Start Crew near the end of the push.The Start Crew is legally in control of the aircraft during the push, so do as they say :-)Cheers,Bryan

Guest Bud

Hello BryanAll of the conditions for the p/b sequence have been met as per the instructions and yet the right tail continues to result in the problem mentioned. However, I've not yet had the opportunity to test the suggestion made by Chris. This may be the solution.Bud

Guest Bud

Hello ChrisFinally got the chance to try out your tip for the right tail p/b. It worked a treat. There is quite a significant delay between the g/c request to set brakes and N2 reaching 50%, but a small price to pay. Many thanks for the hint.Bud