Sign in to follow this  
Guest devo

engine start

Guest devo

bryan i have a question on the start engine rt engine start on the n2 only goes to 8.8 ,they will not fire off,i can start them control e.thanks

Hi,My guess is that perhaps you've done something to prevent sufficent bleed air from going to the starter. If you follow the tutorial flight, the FO will set everything up so you don't need to touch a thing.Try it with the tutorial flight.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan:Once again at the risk of seeming stupid I have to ask if you have any hints what is wrong. I have the same problem and I thought I had followed the tutorial by the letter. The only difference is that I didn't use pushback because it appears the plane is parked heading away from the jetway or whatever.RegardsRikc

Hi Rikc,The FS2Crew SFO-LAX Tutorial file assumes you're using the default MS scenery for SFO.Feel free to slew to a gate if you're using different scenery.As for the your engine start problem, it's hard to say.I suggest try the tutorial again, go slow, and make sure the FO configures the overhead properly for engine start after you instruct him to call for the push and start clearance.Before Start Flow(After requesting Push & Start Clearance from ATC):FO should perform this task:-BEACON: ON-HYDRAULICS: ON-FUEL PUMPS: ON-PACKS: OFFAlso, confirm the Pneumatic Pressure is at 25 PSI. That's the minimum for start.Hope that offers a clue,Bryan

Bryan:Thanks for the reply. I have no additional scenery on my PC.The tutorial situation seems to load up ok. All seems to go well until the start engine scenario. I am sure it is something that I have missed so I will keep at it. The view out the captains window does look a little odd though. I will send a screen shot. Sorry to be a bother.RegardsRick

Guest ThomasT

Hello Rick,could you make a screenshot of your EICAS before you call the FO to start the engines. There must be a mistake. Have you followed the flow with the FO to the "Before Start Check List"? Maybe one button is not in the right position. I have had this problem also sometime without FS2Crew. It happend when I want to get a fast start without any checklist. So I forgot something. But with FS2Crew together it works fine for me.RegardsThomas

Thomas:I did finally get the engines both running and made it through the tutorial. I prematurely hit the main button a couple times but all went reasonably well. Thanks for the help anyway. Now I am trying to find out about sounds. I would like to hear the engines without having the sound up too loud. From reading the forums the general consensus is that engine volume is a subjective thing and editing wave files may be the only option. I don't like messing with files for fear of ruining my setup here so the search continues.. There may be a 'soundset' that will work.RegardsRick