Sign in to follow this  
Guest A320 Co-Pilot

A couple of little problems

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Since installing patch 1.1, I have noticed a couple of little problems, which I did not see in patch 1.0. I have installed the patch the same way as I did the main programme and Patch 1.0, by installing it and saving in the configuration manager. I then create a new save situation file.I will tell you how I create a save situation file, as I might have done something wrong to get these little problems. I load the 767 from the create flight, I then choice the livery of the 767 I want, I then choice the airport and Gate number I want, then set up the weather, and load the fuel as per the Level D Load Sheet. I then click fly now. The 767 loads and I then import the FS2Crew Panel, I then change the EADI to the Standard version, as I prefer this to the Speed Tape version, and then wait for the engine N1 speed to read 0. When the engine N1 speed is at 0 I save the flight as FS2Crew Panel, and then I am ready for my flight, if I do not do my flight straight away then I load from this saved position. I do this every time I change the settings in the Level D Configuration Manager or change airports.Now for my couple of little problems. 1/. When I contact Service Air Load Control, I am told my ZFW is 118.8, but the Level D load sheet says my ZFW is 119.9. I no there is a bit about this in the manual, so I thought I would sort it out later, and carried on with my flight, Then on 20 minutes was given the Load Sheet and it tell me the ZFW is 119.9, so that agrees with Level D Load Sheet. 2/. I have set the FMC to do a Reduced Thrust Take Off and when doing the Before Start Checklist, The Captains speech tells me that I am doing a Full Thrust Take off. 3/. I use the Vertical Speed function, as on my SID, I have to hold 7000 ft and then can climb after a certain waypoint, and find VNAV, makes me climb a little too quick, after being at level flight, so use VS and then switch to VNAV after a couple of minutes. I set VS to +1500 and click vocalize the setting, and the captains speech, say 1500 down. Should this be 1500 up????I have tried different configurations and set up the flight as per above, and still find that Service Air Load Control, is always different to the Level D Load Sheet and the Load sheet you get at 20 Minutes. The Level D Load Sheet, and The Load Sheet you get at 20 Minutes are always the same.With regards to the Reduce Thrust Take Off, I am now using Flaps 15 for Take Off, Before I was using Flaps 5, could this be the problem with the Captain not saying we will be using a reduce thrust Take Off???I am really enjoying using this, and could not fly the 767 without it. I also find it hard to fly any of my other Aircraft (except the ATR of Course), as I am so used to interacting with a First Officer. Apart from these Little Problems it works as it should.So a Big Thanks for a great product and I am looking forward to any other updates you bring out.Russell

Hello Russell,Thank you for the kind words; glad to hear you like it.1. I'll take a second look.2. The information is not available via the SDK for me to know if you're doing a reduced thrust takeoff. So I just set it up so that if Takeoff N1 is lower than 100%, FS2Crew just assumes the takeoff is reduced. Greater than 100%, full thrust is assumed. 3. That I can reproduce. I'll add that to the next update.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Russell,Just a note, if you take off light without climb1 or climb2 selected , and engage VNAV at the acceleration altitude, or EFFRA (dependent on the voice pack you are using) you will climb swiftly (think space shuttle here). In the sim I have zoomed climbed to 6000ft off of the runway at Gatwick before crossing the far end of the runway (A RW pilot friend tells me that FL100 is possible in RW!) AFAIK the "normal" climb rate in climb2 for a 767 is about 2100-2500 fpm, on initial climb with N1 engaged and V2+15-25 knts this can reach upwards of 3500fpm, at AA or FL100 this will drop to 500fpm whilst you accelerate.A note here would be to use VNAV and monitor the the VSI, normally the TMC (thrust management computer) should be set to clb2 (clb1 for Very heavy GTOW and then clb 2 when at MSA).The rules I use are clb2 until the VS is less than 1000fpm then clb1 until the same VS is achieved and then clb pwr. This method we used at BAV with the 767PIC, but when LDS came out we found that the use of clb pwr was not required, the team have remodelled the climb performance to more accurately match RW conditions.One thing to remember, the ONLY vertical mode in the 767 that gives flap and gear speed protection is VNAV! In FLCH and VS you can overspeed and blow out the flaps and damage the gear.Chris

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Hi Bryan and ChrisBryan please disregard problem 1/ as after altering the configuration last night the problem has disapeared. Have altered it 3 times and the Level D Load Sheet, 20 Minute Load Sheet and Service Air Load Control all say the same. Must have been something I was doing, not sure what but it works ok now. Thanks for explaning how the reduce thrust take off work, I now see why I got the speech for reduced thrust take off when I was light.Chris I do perfer to use VNAV due to point you said about it giving you speed protection, but the passengers do not like being shot up in to the air like a rocket, so I tend to use VS or FLCH. When I am light I climb at between 3500 and 4000 feet per minute with VNAV engaged. I select climb 2 just after the FO engages VNAV and CLB Thrust, But still seem to have the same problem, the N1 speed goes down a bit but the climb rate is higher than required. I have looked at few topic on the level D forum about this, but have never been able to get VNAV to hold 2000 to 2500 Feets below FL200. I have some spare time at the weekend, so will see if I can work out how to get VNAV to hold a lower Vertical Speed.Russell

Bryan:I have patch 1.1 but I didn't see patch 1.0. Is this something I need? I didn't make it throught the tutorial yet but it's probably my inept flying.RegardsRick