Sign in to follow this  

Bryan, firstly many thanks for a superb programme,I now have both the 737 and the 767 offerings.My question refers to the LDS767 programme where during the taxi out to the runway I call for takeoff flaps. The FO confirms this and the flap handle on the throttle pedestal moves to the appropriate position, but the indicator on the panel shows no movement and the flaps rhemselves do not move either ??Am I doing something wrong? I follow the tutorial flight without a problem with the exception of this ?Your help is appreciated.

Phil Densley

Hello Phil,Thank for you the kind words. As for your flap issue: Was SP3 from Level-D installed prior to installing FS2Crew?Does the FO flip switches on the overhead during his cockpit setup flow?If no, then you need to install SP3.If yes, all I can suggest is that you confirm that the hydraulics are on. The FO will set the hydraulics to the on position during his Before Start flow just after you ask him to get your Push and Start clearance.That's the only thing I can think of.Does it help?Bryan

Thanks bryan, in replyYes sp3 is installed to LDS767.Yes the FO flips switches on the overheadYes Hydraulics are switched on when checked on the overhead.I'll give it another go step by step and see if I've missed any steps, but I do not think so.Again many thanks for taking MSFS to new levels of realism and enjoyment.

Phil Densley

Arrr Phil,How be thee, daft question from a somerset cuckoo, is yer LE and TE flaps in altn mode, that'll stop yer flaps movin with t' handle wen the hydralaics be on.when yer move t' handle does yer see the orange flaps disagree lights on under the gear handle? That'll tell yer that yer hydralics is off, and yer have another problem.other than that has yer got failures on that yer gnd team haven't fixed, best yer check that to.Naht pullin' yer leg pal, was born in Bath and spent 30 years living in Hilperton.Now resident in Germany.Yer knows what they seys.Wiltshire born, Wiltshire bred, strong in the arm, and ..............Where be that blackbird too, I know where he be...........Passing me at FL360 on the way to FL800 ooo arrrrr!Chris

>HI Bryan,>>I am doing a test at the moment to see if I can replicate>this,>>All the Wiltshire rubbish, Is 'cos my home is about 5 mile>from Melksham>>ChrisHilperton has undergone massive changes in last few years!Mainly large housing estates popping up every where.Tried again last night and with the overhead panel open on the second screen clearly saw all hydraulics being switched on, but yet again flap handle moves on the pedestel but no movement of the flap indicator or actual flaps ??I'll check for failures and the TE and LE indicators as suggested!

Phil Densley

Phil,I suggest also searching the Level-D Support forum on this one.In the FS2Crew Start Center, try reverting to the original Level-D panel.cfg and see if you can reproduce it without FS2Crew loading.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan I'll try that, but something is definately amiss.Flaps came down when taxing this time, but again not when commanded. Then flaps would not come up,after takeoff. also when selecting the main panel to make a mode annoucement, I do not have a MODE ANN button in the panel, instead I find a NOn NORM button ?? Help !!!

Phil Densley

Just tried same situation after reverting to standard panel config via the fscrew centre and without starting fscrew all is well ?? Flaps respond to each call, indicator on panel shows each call and moves immediately, handle moves on centre pedestal and flaps move on wings...so something is adrift with fscrew??I have flap movement mapped to buttons on my CH yoke but have not disabled the standard keyboard mapping in any way, would this cause any interference ??

Phil Densley

Hi Phil,just let me get this clear, flaps come to TO setting on the taxi, but you can't retract them with the main button after TO, and setting either HDG/LNAV and VNAV?As for the mode annunc panel, after update 1.1 just click on the clickspot in EHSI to open the new Mode Ann panel.Chris

Yep thats right Chris,Called for flaps at the start of taxi run from the terminal and wasn't until nearly at the end of taxi that they suddenly sparang to life ?After take off, the only way to get them to move was to toggle the TE and LE switches ??This proving to be very frustrating...but I'll stick with it...there's an answer somewhere I've just got to find it !!!!Us West country folk are pretty persistant you knows !!!

Phil Densley

Hi Phil,When the FS2Crew FO moves the flap lever, FS2Crew is using the standard "event" from the FS Gauges and Panels SDK to make the flap move. It's dead simple.My first thought, however -and this would make sense- is that your CH yoke is overriding the flaps "event" from FS2Crew.Can you temporarily disable your yoke to see?That's the only thing I can think of. Bryan

Thanks Bryan, I'll give it a go and disable the CH yoke button assignment and just run with the standard keyboard assignment. I'll let you know what happens...Its a bit late late now in the Uk, so I'll take up the challenge again tomorrow.............!

Phil Densley

Ok have done as requested and no change in flap call / movement.However what I was able to see was that everytime I call for flaps the TE and LE switches move to on and show ALTN.once I switch these off flap movement returns to normal.This means that in the climb I have to switch these off inbetween every flap call??I am at a loss as to what to do now,other than remembering to switch these switches off everytime I want a flap movement ??

Phil Densley