Sign in to follow this  

Ok Chris jpeg2 is setup straighht from selecting turtorial flight and before stating fscrew.Jpeg number 3 is straight after starting fscrew by selecting the clock.hope this helps ??

Phil Densley

Yes can do thanks...Another thing I have noticed while trying to sort this out,is that I can not enter the MACTOW figure into my FMC until after I have entered my ZFW, yet the tutorial and Markus's Flow chart clearly indicate this should happen ahead of the ZFW figure being entered..this of course means I cannot compare the V speeds on the FMC to those given on the PCS...Maybe I should abandon this ...

Phil Densley

Hi Phil,Markus's flow is slightly wrong, and you do need to enter the ZFW as soon as you get it from load control. set up the performance page on with this ZFW and you will get a good calculation on the V speeds.Also here are my files situation files.Chris

Chris thanks for the file and the info,guess it goes to show what happens when you are blindly following instructions verbatim !!Have trie to load your situation files and get an error saying "cannot find the british airweays aircraft" so the one I have loaded up must be the incorrect one. Can you direct me to the appropriate package in the liberary please ?

Phil Densley

Well I seem to have found the culprit I think...Its the "Main Button" switch. Everytime I use the button to call or respond it triggers both the LE and TE switches oveer to ALTN. It starts when calling for the before start checklist and even if you correct the switches, everytime you press the main button it will switch the TE and LE switches back to ALTN ??Happenss agin when asking for clear on the rightHappens again when calling for flaps 15happens again when making flight control check and response...At this stage I gave up and discontinued the flight !!Any one got any ideas ??Have double checked i have "Increase decision height ( concorde)" assigned as well.

Phil Densley

Be sure to check at least 3 sources for key conflicts.a - LevelD key assignments (leveld menu in FS9)b - FS9 assignments (Options menu/assignments)c - FSUIPC - Buttons and keys (This one got me!)Hope you find it.Bob...

How exactly do I go about doing this ? As there is no main button in the menu to assign a new button too ?Thanks for everyones help in trying to solve this, its very frustrating, but doesn't take anything away from the brilliant programming and presence of this programme...

Phil Densley

Duh!!! Ignore the stupid comment re assigning keyboard key above.Its been a rather tiring day!!!!

Phil Densley

Bryan, Chris just to say a huge thanks for sticking with me on this and offerring your help and advice.At last I've managed to complete the tutorial!!! The answer lay in getting rid of the exsisting FSUIPC ini file and starting afresh....no more flap problems! I think it must relate to some buttons i assigned for PMDG and failed to check the box to make them aircraft specific! So a warning to others who are using FSUIPC to assign keys or buttons REMEMBER to make them AIRCRAFT SPECIFIC !!Thanks again.............

Phil Densley