Sign in to follow this  
Andayle

Changing an approach?

Hiya allMost of my flights I do are online and so I dont get much of a problem with ATC. Recently tho because of time restraints with work I have been doing flights offline with the default MS ATC. The problem I get is that ATC wont give me the approach until i'm around 50 miles from the airport at wich time I am well into my decent.The question is If I brief the FO before decent say for an ILS RWY 09 Approach but at 50 miles out ATC gives me a Visual APP to RWY 09 can I rebrief the FO with just the visual approach?Oh and while im asking questions I have one more lol sorry :(I have done around 10-15 flights and I have had no sick passangers or birdstrikes. I know that You have to do the oil check after engine start and also do a manual event at cruise. I do both of these every flight. Am I just lucky enough not to have had a sick pax or a suicide run from a pigeon?Thanks in advance people.Dean

Dean Farley

Hi Dean,Sick Pax and Bird Strikes are relatively rare... keep flying though and you wil eventually get them.Yes, you can switch Approach Type on the Approach Brief Page. Just make sure you do it before completing the Approach Checklist.All the best,Bryan

Ahhh I dont think i worded my question right. What I meen is If I have already briefed for the approach I think im getting and it changes after the brief can I still change it?

Dean Farley

Many thanks for the fast reply's Brian. This is what makes the fs2crew software some of the best out there, the support :)Cheers,Dean.

Dean Farley

Hi Bryan,Just to be sure, when FS2crew goes into descent mode we can change the app from ILS to visual, as long as we have not completed the App checks.I only ask 'cos when I have done this before (to change the AB settings after it started raining in LHR) the proggie went back to app mode and I could not trick it back into descent mode, so the app checklists would not play.Am I missing something? or do I need some remidial training?Chris

Hi Chris,When you change Approach types by right or left clicking in the "TYPE" box, none of the main modes are changed in the process.Perhaps you also re-clicked the STAR text to play the Start Brief? If so, don't do that as that will alter the main mode.Cheers,Bryan