Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyhog

FS9 Crashing

Guest skyhog

Hi Bryan,I have been having problems with FS9 crashing after installing FS2Crew. Everything was fine before that. It did not crash while using FS2C with the 767. I tried flying without FS2C activated and that is when I started having problems. I uninstalled FS2C and the 767. I did a fresh install of the LVD767 but still have the problem.Could there be a file left behind somewhere from FS2Crew? I love the program but have not had enough time to get familiar with it. I have only made 2 flight lessons with it.

Hi Skyhog,Re-Install FS2Crew and apply the 1.1 Update.Be sure to run the 767 config manager and click "save" to finalize your changes.In all likelihood you installed another addon that overwrote the updated gaugesound.dll that FS2Crew uses with an older version.Re-installing the base FS2Crew will re-update the gaugesound.dll.Hope that's what you were looking for.Cheers,Bryan

Guest skyhog

Something I forgot to mention Bryan. When I did the clean reinstallon the 767 a window popped up asking if I wanted to overwrite 2 writeprotected files. It did not mention what these files were but I didoverwrite them. If I want to fly the 767 w/o FS2Crew would I have to revert back to the original config files?I'm going to install FS2Crew tonight and try a flight with the tutorial again just to see if it crashes again. I have also posted onthe LVDS forum. I'll let you know what I find.Cheers

Hi Skyhog,Did you install the Brit Voice Set?I believe that's where the right protected files are coming from. You did the right thing, though.If want to switch back and forth between a FS2Crew enabled 767 and a non FS2Crew enabled 767, you can run the FS2Crew Start Center and select "Panel.Cfg" to revert to the original, non FS2Crew panel.cfg.The other option is to simply not activate FS2Crew after loading the 767.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest skyhog

Hi Bryan,Looks like the problem was with my PC. Dirty fan to be exact. Cleanedthe fan and took a flight from DFW-ATL with no problems. Yea.Thanks for the help and suggestions and as usual another great program.