Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Need Good Twin Turboprop

Looking for a good high wing twin turboprop that would be smaller than the Dash 300. Prefer something size of the commander that has excellant flight modeling and great turbo sound .

Twin Otter is the obvious answer.The latest freeware version is supposed to be good and from experience I know the Lago one is excellent.

Guest PhilipManwaring

The AFG NAMC YS-11 is also outstanding with a beautiful panel and flight model. It's not a high wing, but it's well worth a look.

He specifically wanted a high wing...Last I looked both the YS-11 and B1900 were low wing aircraft.

:-lol lol my bad... :-shy I didn't read it carefully hahaha, but ya, the Twin Otter is a great little bird, so is the Mu-2, I think the USD Mu-2 is still available at the major sites? I'm not too sure, I'll have to check into it.Best Regards Derek Beal :-wavePROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D

I have to agree - the YS-11 is an outstading freeware addon. The Virtual cockpit is fantastic, and the Rolls Royce Dart sounds are beautiful :)If you're willing to spend a modest amount of money the FSD Cheyenne is another excellent turboprop. Granted it's a low wing design, but it's a great package overall (visual model, 2D panel, VC, flight dynamics, sounds). It'll get you wherever you want to go, and it will get you there *fast*.

Guest sbdwag

Dont forget the freeware enhancements for the Beech Baron and King Air by FSD-International. It turned both planes into very good addons that fly the best and are extremly easy on Frame rates.Dennis

>Looking for a good high wing twin turboprop that would be >smaller than the Dash 300. Prefer something size of the >commander that has excellant flight modeling and great turbo >sound ....aren't there a few Commanders in the works? I recall FSD working on one as well as someone named Milton. I remember some impressive screen shots...

Abacus...Corporate Pilot has the Rockwell Twin Commander along with five more..........

Owen,Thanks for the correction. I didn't catch that little faux pas until after I'd had my coffee. I simply wasn't thinking about the C115 single...Rick

Guest abent

Yes, the twin otters are a fantastic plane assuming you don't mind fixed gear config. Barry Blaisdell of Premier Aircraft Design has made a number of them. His propnl2 (Pro Panel) is outstanding IMO. A great package all for the great price of $0.00!Pick a few up - you won't regret it!Adam

go check out the Flight1 forum...you might be pleasantly suprised. look for Commander/Grand Renaissance.check six,Mikeyplncrzymikey@comcast.net