Sign in to follow this  
Guest PT Dirk

Problems with the ILS-intercept

Guest PT Dirk

After bying the great FS2Crew software (thanks a lot, it's great) nearly two weeks ago at Simmarket.de I've got a small Problem: after performing the approach checks with low noise ILS everything looks fine until the autoflightsystem captures the localizer. The autoflightsystem holds the aircraft one dot left or right of the centerline while the glidslope intercept is perfect. That happend on flights to EDDB (Berlin Schoenefeld) and EDDM (Munich) and happend several times while everything in the FMC looked great and no course error or somthing like that appaered or was announced. But it does not happen always. Any idea? Thanks for your help.

PT Dirk,Hello and welcome to the next stage of flight sim,Just a quick question, does this happen when you try a CAT1 ILS app or is it always on low drag apps?How close are you being turned onto the LOC, is it say 10nm - 15nm from the airfield, or is it close to the FAP? Are you close to the FAP alt, or still reducing when it happens? The further away you are the more chance of being established LOC before GS green.If you are being turned in close to the FAP, the GS may become green at or before LOC green, then you will see your issue. If flying without ATC, try a long app, with a 15NM final at the FAP alt, and see if it happens then.Could you take a screenie of the condition and post it here.Chris

Guest PT Dirk

High Chris, it always happend on low drag app. I didn't try it out with other configerations. It happend when about 10-12 nm out on 3000ft. The Localizer is captured normaly, overshoots and then remains 1 dot left or right (depending on the side I'm intercepting from) of the centerline, then the glide becomes alive and will be captured and followed perfectly while the LOC is still one dot of. When reaching 1000 - 500 ft the autoflightsystem starts to oscilate around the centerline, overshout it and turns back again to center the LOC and overshots again. So the LOC is captured well bevor the glide. I try to get a screenshot but I have installed the 1.1 patch yesterday and didn't had time to try it out again. By the way it happend also at Zurich (LSZH). The same track is flown flown perfectly without FS2Crew, everthing ist the same, weather, Date, time, route an so on, only FS2Crew is deactivated. Thanks Dirk

Guest PT Dirk

Thanks a lot, that was my first idea but I didn't thought that this could be because of the approach was flown several times. Without FS2Crew everything looked fine an the overshoot only occured when FS2Crew was activatet. So let's fligh it down to the runway by using stick and rudder :-) ThanksDirk

Hi Dirk,FS2Crew doesn't touch the internal autopilot logic.FS2Crew reads and writes switch positions on the panel.I might also sugggest checking the Level-D support forum for further info on the autopilot logic.Cheers,Bryan

Guest PT Dirk

Thanks Bryan, that was the first thing I did :-) but because of the second try without problems I asked here, but it seems to be the well known Level-D Problem Thanks for support Dirk