Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Ground Crew Voices - again

Guest Bud

Hello BryanSorry about this - you'll recall the issue of the ground crew voices with a right tail p/b. The dialogue not completing after engine start and then cutting in on landing was the prob. Chris proposed a work around that when pushing back to the right, set the parking brake only when N2 on the left hand engine had reached 50%.This has worked well and the prob was solved. It has now returned - I'm waiting for the magic 50% before setting the brake, but again the dialogue does not complete until arrival - a bit incongruous.The issue re-appeared on the day I installed the Brit pack update. I have to think this is just a co-incidence as I can't see a connection, but there it is. Any thoughts - printable onesBud

Hi Bud,The Brit voice pack just replaces sound files.I'm still trying to reproduce this issue, but I can't replicate it.Suggestion: The parking brake should have no influence whatsoever.After the both engines have stabilized after starting them , advance the throttles a bit wait a few seconds, then return them to idle.Try that.Cheers,Bryan

I was mulling this over again the other day. I actually get this on a short push all the time(mostly at LHR) I never get it at BCN for example where my push is 100m off of E6 back onto the main taxiway.I came up with a question of how does FS2 crew know the engine is started?Is it the EGT, the N2 figure or the N1 figure that is used, and if the engine is not at that figure before the parking brake is set, will the push team detect the start, and play the file, the FO does detect the start 'cos he does his AS flow all the time.The other question, is where is the thresehold? For a while I thought this was 400

Guest Bud

Hello BryanOK, I'll give the throttles a try. Interesting that the p/brake has no influence. Chris has raised a good question, I'd be interested in the answer too.He also seems to be lucky enough to have tickets for the World Cup and will be present at our glorious victory - well better had be.Ingerland, Ingerland, Ingerland C'mon t' lads!!!Bud

Correction, the parking brake does have influence, but it depends on the context.The FS2Crew 767 start crew simulation is actually very complex, much more complex than any other start crew available for FS I might add!Are you guys starting the right engine first?Are you follow the start crew's commands? Setting the parking brake when so commanded at the start and end of the push?Also, make sure you don't move the aircraft under its own power until the FO has finished his after start flow.If it's still an issue, I'll look closer at the code to check the exact conditions and logic train.P.S. No Hooliganism at the games this time Chris!Cheers,Bryan

Guest Bud

Hello BryanAll points are followed to the letter - it is still an issue.Hooliganism - this time?? I think we need to know more.Bud

Hi Folks, just did a pd from LHR 28m to the right, right engine first then the left, both engine were started prior to the request to set the parking brake.And the Capt didn't call that two good engine start, so there was no FO wave off.Not sure why this is happening.Chris

Guest Bud

Hello ChrisExactly what happens to me.Why are you not still legless in Germany?Bud

Are you guys using the Brit voice set?If so, try reverting to the default US voice set. Perhaps there is an error with the Brit voice set?Also, try using the FS2Crew KSFO Tutorial Situation file so we have a common reference point.I just did a test at KSFO using the Tutorial Situation File and the pushback (right and left) went exactly the way it should.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Bud

Hello BryanYep - I'm using the Brit voice set. However, I first had this issue whilst I was using the default American set so I don't think this is the problem.I only used the Tutorial situation once and, if memory serves me aright, I did get the problem then. At the time, because it was so new, I naturally thought it was me doing something wrong.Bud

550 Euros for a single ticket... you guys must really like your soccer... pardon, football!For the push issue, try it at KSFO using the FS2Crew Tutorial Situation file.I still can't reproduce this issue.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Bud

Hello ChrisMust say I envy your participation - mine's limited to my local pub - but that's OK. I'm really pleased about the fans' behaviour so far. I have a feeling England will now start to play and get better as we progress.Back to the subject. I've never had a problem with left p/bs. The really odd thing is that as I said originally the solution you proposed for right p/bs worked well for me until just recently.Bud

Right, I used starter two this morning at VTND with a right BD and it worked fine, all played on the gnd.Weird. I'll start playing with the starters to see if this is the trigger for the issue.I'll run some checks when I get into Sydney later on.ChrisBBC are saying that Portugal played well and were patient, when they beat Iran, but it was the same score as us, so why do people insist on slating England!!!! (Rant over)

I just double checked the code.I found the problem. All I had to do was change a "2" to "3" and it'll now work. It only affects users operating in the UK. This explains why I could not reproduce this issue since I never fly in the UK.Now how did this get through the UK beta test net! I'll release an update shortly.All the best,Bryan