Sign in to follow this  

Where can I get free GMAX Aircraft Textures?

From the last version of FS, on any kind of aircraft I could repaint texture and create liveries of my own just for my pleasure. All I would do is erase the color into white, except for windows, and repaint it at my own color. And of course I acknowledge that I can't post it through internet since it's author's copyrights. Now at this time, for FS2002's GMAX aircraft, I couldn't repaint or open the picture files, even if I open the file it'd just cover up the picture black. So I wonder if you know any websites or freeware that has "blank" color bodies with windows for me to download and repaint it myself? Unless if there are any suggestion you'd like to share, please let me know. I appreicate that.

Hi Arthur,I'm not quite sure what you're asking here, but it appears you may be experiencing problems with separating the alpha channel from the main bitmap. Download a program called 'DXTbmp' (available here at Avsim, I think), which will allow you to isolate the main bitmap and export it to your graphics editor.Hope this helps,Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

I agree, it sounds like you are not aware of the texture format used in FS2002 as compared to FS2000. It is a DXT format and you will need a special editor, namely the DXTBmp that Gosta mentioned or if you have FS2002 pro you already have imagetool, to open and view the new format. There are lots of paintkits for many of the new quality aircraft available. Good luck!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi,Try www.fspainter.projectai.com or projectai.flight1.net . There you will find a lot of blanc aircrafts.Regards,Cees