Sign in to follow this  
steinbach72

Problem with FO takeoff and GA

Hi,I use FS2crew LD767 upgrade 1.2 and I have problem with FO takeoff. I use CH products /yoke, pedals, throttle quadrant/. I train FO takeoff from "ready for takeoff" situation file - all by manual - autopilot, FMC, speeds, trim set, TO on the briefing page activated. FO works very well until rotation, but when I call "rotate" I see only short FO attempt to rotate, but nothing else happens - no rotation, I am still on the runway. I use rudder only to correct direction during aicraft roll, I dont touch the yoke. Similar problem with go around. FO set GA thrust but he perform very little change of the pitch and VS around +300 to +500 ft/min. so aircraft accelerates very quickly. May be the same problem like during takeoff. Can someone help me ? May be any interaction of FS2crew with CH-products?An one more problem - during LDN ILS and CAT I ILS when I set DA on altimeter, I dont hear any announcements /100 ABOVE, DECIDE, LAND/. I dont know why. For example: LIMF, rwy 36, DA 1123 - I set 120 ft on altimeter - is it right?Thank you very muchJiri

Hello Jiri,I don't own any CH products, so I can't comment directly.It's pretty obvious though that the CH yoke is creating some kind of "noise" that is overriding the FS2Crew FO's inputs -basically still firing signals even though the yoke is not moving.Is there any way to increase the Null zone?For the GO around, are you refering to a Monitored Approach? That is the only approach where the FO in FS2Crew would be the PF for the procedure. Same issue as above.For the DA: 120 feet sounds correct.What elevation does the 767 FMC list for LIMF on the legs page?FS2Crew uses the FMC database as part of the process to compute DA.Just an idea. Ever have this at other airports?Cheers,Bryan

Hello Bryan,thank you very much for your advices. As for problem with rotation - I have changed null zone to 20 and FO rotate and perform GA very well now. As for DA, I have tried it at LKPR [Prague] ILS rwy 24 where elevation and DA are over 1000 feet and I hear all announcements from the FO. But problem still remains at LIMF. FO reads correct elevation [989] and correct orange bug value [120], but announcements still doesn t appear. May be the reason THR/FIELD elevation lower than one thousand and DA higher than one thousand feet? ThanksJiri

Hi Jiri,I'd have to test it to see. My guess if anything is that the problem may be associated with the TDZE being just below 1000 feet. Such an elevation (close to 1000 feet) may trick the FS2Crew's DA calculation. Don't know.Try this:Select a "Non-Precision Approach" on the Approach Page, select 1000 feet for the additive and set teh bug to 120 feet.Shoot the ILS regardless, and see if you get the "Decide... Land/Go Around" call at the DA.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Jiri,A couple of quick ones,Cat D ILS DA for RW36 at LIMF is 1137 Ft (208 Ft DH)Cat D VORDME for RW36 at LIMF is 1360 FtCat D LO P for RW36 at LIMF is 1500 Ft.Where does the bug setting 120Ft come from?Another point is though that the TSZE is actually 839 ft is real life by the ADE is 889 ft a 50 ft diference, this may also be a FS and not and FS2crew issue.If I have time this evening I'll do a test flight tonight to see if I can re-create it.Chris

Ooops,Flew a manual app, and it got busy at 500ft above and I didn't notice the decide call, all was safe at mins, but I can't remember hearing the call.Will have another go tomorrow, and will knock off the AP only after hearing decide.Chris

Hello,To Chris:Of course, you are right with DA for rwy 36, DA is 1137 feet, it was my "map reading error - I shall visit my opthalmologist soon". But if I understood the principle of orange bug setting well, I should set "feets above one thousand" so it should not be 204 feet but 130 or 140 feet. But it still doesn t solve the problem of TDZE which is under 1000 feet. To Byork:Your idea with non-precision approach and +1000 option works very well. I have select non-precision, then +1000 feet, then CAT I ILS followed by approach checklist and I had all announcements. It seems to be a good way to solve this problem at airports with TDZE lower than 1000 feet and DA higher than 1000.Thank you very much

Thanks for the feedback.I'll look at the FS2Crew's internal math. Just thinking about it off hand I can see how in rare situations where the arrival runway's TDZE is close to 1000 feet and you've selected an ILS approach on the Approach Page that FS2Crew's internal DA calculation could get tripped-up. If the TDZE is greater than 1000 or 2000 or 3000 feet, etc., FS2Crew automatically adds 1000 (or 2000, 3000, etc.) feet as appropriate to the bugged DA which is always read by FS2Crew in hundreds. However, if the TDZE is less than 1000 feet FSCrew does not automatically add 1000 feet, so based on this you can see the trouble with a standard 200' AGL DA with TDZE's in the 800 to 999 foot range.In the meantime, if shooting an ILS and your DA is in the range of 1000 to 1200' just select a Non-Prec approach on the Approach page and select 1000 feet for the additive.That will ensure you get the "Decide... Land/Go Around" call at the DA.Boy, that sounds so much more complex than it really is!Cheers,Bryan