Sign in to follow this  

Hi folks,I know it has been quiet for a bit on the BA voice pack front, but just to let you know that we are working on a few things to add to your experience. In practice this means that we have recorded a complete new set of files to go in the Brit pack, these are mainly based on the captains announcements, raido calls to the company, emergancy calls and specific callsigns, with some BA specific paperwork going into gauge files. Mr Jackson is doing all the tech bits as usual, I am just the dumb virtual pilot providing the voices.I would post a taster here, but they need a bit of editing by Graham before they are ready to release on you the unsuspecting pilot.Trust me folks when this is ready it will remove your socks explosively from your feet.Chris

Indeed, life will never be quite the same again for those of you from that green and pleasant land...Actually perhaps the voice set should be renamed the English voice set as it doesn't include Scottish or Welsch accents.Excellent work, Chris and Graham.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks for all the hard work guys. I can't even begin to tell you how many hours of enjoyment you provide... Thanks for giving them such a great base to build off of Bryan,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Bud

I absolutely agree - this is a terrific piece of work. It's so good I'm considering changing my name to Willis to fit in with the FA's welcome Bud

>Actually perhaps the voice set should be renamed the English>voice set as it doesn't include Scottish or Welsch accents.Ooer - now THAT'S a thought - anyone from either of these lovely countries want to join the voice team - I can fit you in I'm sure. Irish too would be just great :)As Chris says - it's a vast job but hopefully the wait will be worthwhile. To give you an idea of what to expect - there will be 'time of day' greetings as well as full SID STAR and IAP briefings for each of the airports the BA 767 fleet uses together with a program which will automatically copy the files across to your FS2Crew sound folders - also an option to reset the whole lot to the current default British set.Dave Barrington's wife Gina (who recorded her voice for the Level-D crew) has agreed to let her do the BA Safety briefing for us as well.Hopefully we can have most of this work done by the middle of the month but realistically the end of August for the release.If anyone wants to help in the beta testing then post here - be warned I might ask you to contribute you voice too as a few of the original contributors have failed to get back to me with this rather more involved update to the Brit set. So any help would be most appreciated.Thanks.