Sign in to follow this  
drom

Expanded Flowchart for FS2Crew 767 Edition

Hi Bryan,I've been working on this for the past few days, I found Markus flowchart really helpful but it contained a couple of small errors and in some cases only applied to the tutorial situtation. I decided to start a new one from scratch that applied universally though I kept its structure similar to Markus' so it wouldn't be too hard to understand. It contains a few more details and tidbits to take into account different situations.Its available here: (Right Click -> "Save As")http://www.users.on.net/~jermslio/Flow%20Chart.pdfOne note, I've designed it to be printed in either colour or grayscale so if your having trouble reading it onscreen, print it out and it should be fine.It expands the flowchart in the following ways:- Application to any flight (Not just the tutorial)- LDN ILS & Category I ILS Approach flows- Category II & III (DH and No DH) Approach flows- Includes FO Takeoff flows- Associated Go Around flows- ATC prompts for online flights (As well as slight modified flows to take clearance information into account)- Hints/information about performing certain tasksI've added details about:- Transition Altitudes (Optionally setting the TA when cleared above or below as well as setting the TA at 10000ft)- Performing Pack Off Departures- Setting the DA, DH or MDA (How to set the DA/DH for different approaches)I've gotten most of the information off the posts in the forum and tested the flows to make sure they were accurate so hopefully they are correct. Let me know if there are any major problems, I'm pretty sure they'll be a couple of errors but hopefully nothing major.Couple of things I noticed whilst doing this:1) For monitored approaches the Flap 30 call seems to come late, somewhere below the 1300 mark. The manual says the call should come at 1500 feet.2) For a Cont-20 landing the flaps are left out as they should be but in the shutdown checklist the FO informs you that the flaps are in. Funnily enough the engineer picks up on the fact that they're out (maybe he should be my Co-pilot! :().3) Well this one is just a question really. On a normal approach you can call for a Go Around with the secondary button between the DA +100 and the DA and manually engage the G/A button yourself. Is the G/A button always pressed by the Captain or would it be possible to trigger the G/A button at 200ft once the SEC button has been pressed (i.e after having the FO call for a Go Around).On a personal note I have to say I really enjoyed the different approaches you've included, the FO Takeoff especially was something different and clearly something you put some time and effort into.Anyway, hope this helps the community a bit.CheersJeremyP.S I'll host it on my private FTP whilst its checked for errors but will look to upload it to AVSIM later. Thats of course if anyone uses it...

Hello Jeremy,Great work :-) I'm sure the 767 user base will appreciate your efforts.I might also suggest uploading it at flightsim.com in addition to avsim.To answer your questions:1. I'll double check. The important thing is that you're in the ldg config by 1000. On a monitored approach, the flaps should hit 30 close to 1000 feet. Just think of all the fuel the FO is saving...2. I'll check that too. That's why the engineers get paid the big bucks and get all the glory :-)3. You'd like me to tie the the GA button to the GA call on a normal approach? Hmmmm, it's do-able, but I'll have to think about it. I'm hesistant to change procedures this late in the game simply because the majority of users already know what to expect, and to change things now might throw them for a loop. Now, if everyone would read the Update manuals we wouldn't have a problem.... but.... :-)Cheers,Bryan

No worries Graham.I just and has a quick look through the checklist before I upload it and found a couple of small (or not so small!) errors which needed to be fixed.Specifically the part when I wrote about setting the Altimeters to 29.92 when going below the Transition Altitude. A small typo which may have resulted in some 'interesting' landings! :-lol I fixed up the hydraulic trim adjustment from my original upload a few days ago. Originally I had instructions detailing turning the pumps on 'Left to Right' instead of the correct 'Right to Left' procedure but thats corrected now (for those that are interested this prevents fluid contamination between the systems).I also forgot to add onground ATC procedures after landing which I've added to make sure you contact ATC at the gate so they can close your Flight Plan.Anything else you find that isn't right please don't hesitiate to let me know.CheersJeremy

Guest skyhog

Hi Jeremy, just got the flow charts printed out and I'm impressed to say the least. Thanks for the hard work because it will make mine easier.

Thanks Skyhog, I appreciate your comments.It took me the better part of four days to complete it. The original formatting took the longest but finding out what exactly the FO was doing and when took a while as well.I waited a week or so before uploading it which I'm thankful for as I found a few typos which were sortted out before uplaod.I'm just glad that people are using it. :-beerchug JeremyP.S Brian one thing I forgot to add too about my findings was the termination procedure. It's rather messy with the FO completing the checklist and announcing checklist items well before they're actually set. By he reaches 'Cargo Switches' he is well intruly off the calls.

Hi everyoneI've had an email requesting the non-precision and visual approach flowcharts for my expanded flowchart.I was just wondering how many people would be interested in these as currently there has only been one person email me. If you would find these flowcharts helpful then please post here else it's probably not really worth it to do them up for only one person.If there are a couple more who would like them I'll take the time to do them up.RegardsJeremy

Hi,it would be great to have the flowcharts for the Non Precision Approach and for the Visual Approach.thanksStephane

vpa055.png

I also would love to see the other procedures put into a flow chart. Anything that helps newer simmers to fs2crew is a bonus, also its nice to have some type of refrence to look up when things are going a little fast and the memorys not so good :)I used the old flow chart to actually help me learn to fly with fs2crew, so im sure the other landing procedures would help others to learn the approach procedures.ThanksDean

Dean Farley

Okay,I've been looking over my original charts and wanted to make a few changes anyway so I'll do up the other approaches whilst I'm at it.If you notice anything that needs correction please let me know.For Bryan,I noticed on the CAT 3B approach there is a check at ASA indication. I gather that this mean when your on a monitored approach with approach armed and you capture the G/S & LOC you wait for the ASA indictor to display 'Land 3' and then press the text ASA in the FS2Crew box to make the announcement.I tried this a couple of times but got no announcement. Can you let me know what I'm doing wrong?CheersJeremy

Jeez your quick on the responses! :)Thanks for the info, I'll have a play with it now and see if I can get it working.Just for reference then a CAT 3 no DH approach would need the DH set at 0 for the ASA to announce correct?JeremyEdit: Yep! That did it, thanks!

Hi everyone,Okay all the approaches are done, I'll give it a final lookover tomorrow and upload it to AVSIM but if a couple of you could download it from my FTP and give it a once over it'd be much appreciated.http://www.users.on.net/~jermslio/Flow%20Chart%20V.2.pdfCheersJeremyP.S Bryan if your welcome to add this to your 767 downloads page if you think its appropriate. However if you don't no offense will be taken. :)