Sign in to follow this  

#9 Avsim vs FlightSim RTW Race Thread #9 The final run

Thanks for the company on the run.Sadly FS froze on me before we could all make a groupshot for posterity, but that will have to wait until Boston (or before takeoff from LGA).Turned out FS wasn't really frozen solidly. Zooming the flight track made it hang for over a minute each click of the mouse so it appeared frozen.That's why SB kept working, all that didn't get updated was the screen...

Does anyone know where Jeroen got his Starship...?? Is it part of one of the Abacus pkgs...?Thanx... Hawkeyez

It's indeed part of Abacus Corporate Pilot.I bought that 3 years ago just for the Starship (and it's now the only one I still have installed).

Congratulatins Jeroen. Brought the Baton safely in first place! In the most difficult of circumstances. (Would be pretty unhappy to foul up the final landing...)A credit to us all.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest Marc Sykes

Managed to bring it down successfully on the ILS. Actually wasn't too bad--poked below clouds at about 500 feet, disconnected autopilot and brought it in manually. Sweet landing, but sadly didn't get the chance to take any pictures.Here's a few screenshots. Got to go for a few hours but hopefully will be back in time for the group flight.Marc

Well, got down in once piece. Whew!Not really a pretty day in New York today. But I am delighted to see Jeroen sitting in the victory lane!Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Team AVSIM is hereby declared the winner!!!!!!!!We will try and fly the final leg into KBOS later today/this evening.

I reinstalled it when I saw how fast Jeroen was flying--and gave it a few tests. Still excellent considering that it was designed for FS2000 (updated by Abacus to FS2002). Very distinctive sound--not to mention shape. And did I mention FAST?Great stuff guys.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Congratulations, Jeroen!! Great job getting it down in that crud!And a hearty congrats to the whole team. Really enjoyed everything. Let's do it again, sometime!Best,GeraldKMLB

Abacus seems to have made the engines a tad more powerfull than the real ones (and also using a bit more fuel).She's indeed a great mover (as well as a real looker). Shame Beech stopped making them after 52 units (but then, noone was buying them so I can't really blame them. It was too revolutionary).

Hey Guys...Seems that we died just after our arrival to KLGA :)Anyway, looks like FS are almost arriving to meet us, so we'd better start on coordinating ourselves for the final event...How will it be ?? RegardsFrancisco Leit