Sign in to follow this  
drom

Trim Readouts

Hi Bryan,There seems to be something strange with my trim readouts.I know you said that the trim value is rounded up or down to the nearest 0.5 but it seems my readouts are always about 0.5 off.For example, I just did a flight with a trim setting of 2.6 as per the FMC. However during the checklist it reads out that the trim is Zero Zero and 3.5 units which of course is incorrect. I did another flight earlier and I noticed the same thing with the trim being somewhat off what it is suppose to be.I'm using FSPassengers to load the aircraft so if the readout comes from the loadsheet then that explains my problem. However if the read out comes from the FMC then somethings gone screwy with my setup and I'd like some advice about what might be wrong.Just thought I'd check with you about where the trim read out is derived from before I go reinstalling the product.ThanksJeremy

Hello Jeremy,No need to re-install.For the checklist, the trim value is read internally directly through FS.However, it's not as simple as it sounds as the units displayed on on the trim selector do not correlate directly with what FS gives me as an internal value.Example: A trim setting of 3.5 might be returned as 0.0001032 or something like through through FS.In future upgrades to the 767 I will be working on devising a new, more exact trim setting readback for the checklists.I believe someone recently developed a trim gauge for the 767 that at first glace works fairly well at returning the more exact value... I'll have try it first to see.Chrs,Bryan

No worries Bryan, thanks for the reply.I have no doubt your trying your best within the limitations of FS9, all you developers do a pretty good job at bending the simulation's constraints.Hopefully FS10 will improve a bit on some of these things but if not oh well. In the grand scheme of things I can deal with trim readouts being off. :-lol I'm not sure if you go this from my other post but if you are looking to do an update for the 767 in the next few months you may want to have a quick look at the Termination procedure. It seems the timing is a bit off with the FO calling checklist items before they're set.Not mission critical but since you've programmed it I'd imagine you'd want it working properly.Have a good weekend.Jeremy

Jeremy,You're certainly right about bending everything in FS to get things to work. You know the original PMDG 737 was built around a Cessna. Robert Randazzo had an interesting post about that if you want to look it up in his forum.FSX is going to be a whole lot of fun -and that's the extent of what I can say :-)Termination checklist: I'll look it again, but you know to be realistic the crews would very rarely, if ever, do that checklist.Cheers,Bryan

LoL, all you developers sound fishy at the moment. :-abduct Sounds like somethings going on behind the scenes, which I'm more than happy about staying in the dark about if it means what I think it does. Of course, I may also be delusional which I'm also fine with. (-: In regards to the termination checklist I really only use it if I think it would be the final flight of the evening, though point taken about how rare this is. I only really discovered it was a bit off when I was doing my flowchart.I notice though that when you start FS2Crew its begins in a semi terminated configuration with things like IRSs and Emergency light off. Is this a 'first flight of the day' situation or does the engineer turn these things off when you hand off to him?Maybe thats something you could look into including into new versions, the option of continuing on from an already initilised aircraft as well as from a cold and dark startup (disregard this of course if the engineer turns off the IRS).JeremyP.S I should note that I'm more than happy with your program Bryan and my comments should be taken as suggestions and refinements not as complaints :) Btw the new version looks great.

Hi Jeremy,When the FS2Crew 767 panel state loads, what you're seeing is the way crews would typically see the aircraft configured with respect to switches, etc., when they receive the aircraft.Actually I should qualify that: What you're seeing is the way you'd see it set up as if you were at First Choice Airways. Thank you for the compliment on the new 747 version :-)Cheers,Bryan