Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dimon1971

Problem with loading saved flights

Guest Dimon1971

Hi guys and FS2Crew Team.I bought the program this morning and should say that I was an idiot living without it all these times.However, one thing killed the show - I cannot resume saved flight that never happened before with LDS767. While loading the flight, I have a message "!fcrew38.gau" fatal error. So my question is whether FS2Crew designed for save flight option or not (i.e. I should complete the whole flight without saving it"? Because, for me the program is useless if it doesn't work for resumed flight.Thank you in advanceDmitriy

Guest Dimon1971

Additional info.LDSSDK.dll is in the Modules folderSP3 out of box (no incremental patches) is installed.Just wanna someone to help me.Here is the situation. I don't use any situation files - just my own flights from COLD and DARK.I did full pre-TO procedures and other check-lists, completed Taxi and Take-off, Climb, then took FL340 and saved a flight. When I re-load FS again and navigate to "Saved Flight" and choose the flight that I saved, I got fs2crew38.gau error message.Could someone help me with it? Dmitriy

Hi Dmitriy,I'm sure Bryan will help you as soon as he sees this so don't panic just yet. In the meanwhile I have some suggestions.Firstly, check that any other situation files load okay, if they do then it might be an isolated problem specific to that saved file but if they don't then it may be the program.I'd also suggest trying a reinstall (it shouldn't remove your saved flight though back it up just incase) over the top of your existing installation to make sure no gau files are corrupt.To put your mind at ease the Level-D edition works fine from saved situation, however there are some limitations (i.e you can't start FS2Crew halfway down the runway on takeoff roll), the specific details are in the manual but the situations where you can resume from saved files are "Ready for Push & Start", "Ready for T/O" and "Ready for T/D" so all the major bases are covered. I'm using saved flights fine right now to do up some flowcharts.To resume your flight from cruise you would initialise FS2Crew by click the hidden clickspot on the Air Speed Indicator, click the clock text and then close the clock (don't actually click the lower box to activate FS2crew however, this is only used to kick Fs2Crew up from Cold and Dark). You should be able to perform normal actions from about T/D (i.e Spec call, TOD call) however the most important thing to complete is the arrival briefing (specifically the STAR briefing) as this kicks the program into 'App. Brief' mode. After you have briefed checked this mode is displaying and that once you begin decending it changes to 'Descent' mode (give it 2000ft or so to recognise your decending). See the bottom of the brief page to ensure FS2Crew is in the correct mode and everything is working smoothly.Hope this helpsJeremyP.S Bryan this reminds me when I was doing the flowchart for the T/O briefing I wanted to use a T/O situation file however I could never get it to work properly, I'd initialise the brief, click RTO REV but the brief wouldn't play nor would the mode change to T/O. Flaps were set for T/O. Clicking RTO REV done absolutely nothing. Can you verify that it is working properly?

Jeremy,You can start FS2Crew just before takeoff. You can use the Level-D tutorial flight that takes you from Brussles if memory serves correct to London.Load the situation file, do not activate FS2Crew via the Watch. Just open the watch panel, then close it again.Next, open the Dep Brief Page, and left click on the RTO text itself. You should hear the RTO brief play and you are now in takeoff mode.Dimitri,You can used saved situation files. Please see the section in the manual on that for full details.Your CTD:1. Did you install the latest FS2Crew Update for the 767?2. The problem is either you loaded a saved situation file that was created prior to installing the last FS2Crew update, or you saved a situation file with the Mode Announce Panel open. I suspect it's probably the later.Easiest solution: Re-save your situation files, but ensure the Mode Announce Panel is "closed." I repeat: Never save a situation file with Mode Announce Panel open. Make sure it's closed before saving.That should cure your little issue.There are technical reasons why you can't save situation file with the Mode Announce Panel open (Update 1.2), but that's for another day. It has to do with the new way the Mode Announce panel was positioned in the panel.cfg with Update 1.2. Other than that, I'm glad to hear you like FS2Crew :-)Cheers,Bryan

Guest Dimon1971

Hi Bryan, Many thanks for your response. Yes, I have Upd 1.2 installed, but I cannot check it right now (I'm at work), but will try it tonight. I think you're absolutely right about Mode Panel - I did a little research yesterday and found out that that XXXX38.gau - is Mode Panel. Anyway, I'll report any progress (or lack of thereof) tonight.My bestDmitriy

Guest Dimon1971

Sorry for delay in answering.Yes, it's fully workable with Mode Panel disabled on main panel. Just superb.PS. 2 small questions (sorry for departure from the main topic)1) I'm thinking of buying RC4 - do FS2Crew and RC work together OK? 2) Are you gonna patched FS2Crew767 for FSX?Thanks,Dmitriy

Hello Dimitry,Glad to hear you got it working.1. Radar Contact: Yes, they work together. Lots of discussion on that on this forum. 2. FSX: The plan is to make the 767 Edition work with FSX, but I can't do anything until Level-D makes the 767 work with FSX first.Cheers,Bryan