Sign in to follow this  
hlender

All responses are slow with Level D767

I need some help in determining my problem. I just purchased Level D 767 and FS2Crew. when I load everything and Press Shift+5 or 6 or anything for that matter in order to get different panels Fltsim will lockup. Maybe after a minute or two the response will come. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.Harry

Hello Harry,I'm afraid I don't know why you would experience that. It could be a trillion different things.Best bet is to start clean in situations like this.Starting clean often fixes weird little gremlins that can't be explained.1. Re-install the Level-D 7672. Apply SP3 for the Level-D 767.3. Re-install FS2Crew.4. Install FS2Crew Update 1.25. Run the 767 Config Manager and click "save."Follow the FS2Crew SFO - LAX tutorial to the letter.Let me know if you require further help.Best regards,Bryan

BryanThanks for your reply. I'll do all that you suggested and get back with you on how it turns out.Thanks again.harry

Harry,Are you using anything like FS-Autostart? Sometimes people elevate the process priority of FS. This will cause all other add-ons to run VERY slow. Just a thought,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledAMD FX-57 @ 3 gigsAsus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS PC3500LL 2 3 2 6 1TXFX 7900 GTX 690/1750XFX 7800 GTX 515/135024 inch Widescreen LCDDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1khttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7800 GTX 515/1350 Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

BryanI did all that you said however my problem still presists. Whenever I do the "Panel Views Shift+1 thru 9" They are extremely slow in coming up. Sometimes not at all. Also when I press the ALT button the menu bar appears across the top but I can't get rid of it. Any ideas what my problems is?Thanks in advanceHarry

Hello Harry,I'm afraid I don't know.I suggest re-installing the Level-D 767, but don't install FS2Crew.Do a test flight with the Level-D 767 by itself to make sure it's not a FS2Crew problem. This hasn't been reported by anyone else, so it's hard to say what's happening.I might suggest deleting your computer of all spyware (that can really slow things down). I might also suggest deleting your FS9.cfg file and letting it rebuild.Doing that can often cure strange issues.-Bryan

>Hello Harry,>>I'm afraid I don't know.>>I suggest re-installing the Level-D 767, but don't install>FS2Crew.>>Do a test flight with the Level-D 767 by itself to make sure>it's not a FS2Crew problem. This hasn't been reported by>anyone else, so it's hard to say what's happening.>>I might suggest deleting your computer of all spyware (that>can really slow things down). I might also suggest deleting>your FS9.cfg file and letting it rebuild.>>Doing that can often cure strange issues.>>-Bryan>>>>Hi BryanI'm still having problems. I did all that you suggested. Everything. As before when I don't touch tha view tabs or panel views and I settle for "straight ahead viewing the A/C flys great. I can stay in the pattern and land OK. However the moment I try to change views, the program freezes. Trying to look side to side or left quarter thru right quarter,,,,everything freezes. Almost the same thing for the panel views. Like trying to view the Overhead panel and the the other panels via "shift 1 thru 9" everything freezes. Sometimes I can press "the ALT" button and that will bring up one of the panels I was searching for. But only after several attempts. So it's not FS2Crew thats doing it....it seems. FS2004 performs OK with all other A/C. Only when LDL767 is loaded does the problems start. I'm planning on rebuilding my computer around JAN 2007 making it more powerful, so I might just have to wait until then and try loading it with that system. My system WinXP Pro, !.6MHZ, 1GIG RAM, So I think that part is ok. Anyway something going on. Probably something small. I'll keep playing with and trying different things. I appreciate your help. If I stumble across the answer I'll post again.Thanks againHarry Thanks againHarry'>

BryanBy chance it appears that I have solved my problem. My monitor is a Dell 24" Flat screen and the display in FS2004 that I was using was 1920x1200x16. So I decided to try the smallest 640x480x16 and it worked. Everything displayed perfectly. Views, panels, everything. No freezing. So I worked my way up and settled on 1600x1200x16. Now I can start enjoying the program. Thanks for your help.CheersHarry

Harry, What video card are you using and can you post your fs9.cfg for me to take a look at as well.The rest of your system specs would help as well. The Dell takes a pretty strong system to run at 1920*1200, I use a dedicated 7900 GTX just for that monitor and a 7800 GTX for my two 19's.Maybe I can help you out,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Paul;Thanks for writing. Keep in mind that my system is not a Dell. Only my monitor is a Dell widescreen 2405FPW 24". My system as built by a friend Two years ago. I've include the attachments you asked for.Harry