Sign in to follow this  
Guest ucanfly

I hope the FSD Commander comes out soon........

>The SF.250 is very nice as well. It is good looking and >does tricks, but has a tendency to swerve wildly on the >runway that isn't very realistic and kills some of the fun >for me. Also, I couldn't get used to flying in the right >seat! >The RealAir SF260 does have a touchier rudder than a Cessna 172, but will still track quite nicely down the runway with "rudder pedals". And as speed builds, it's quite a solid feel on the pedals to keep centered. I could see that it may be squirrly without them. Once airborne, it's the best rudder controlled single engine aircraft developed for FS2002. I'm really into aerobatics and cross-controlled slips..... which this aircraft does far above average.This is another case for "rudder pedals" if you don't have them. There is just too much difference between the feel of real flight & the feel of simulation, if you don't use pedals. Takeoffs, landings, turns, and especially slips seem far more convinving with pedals. In fact, not using pedals for simulated GA aircraft..............could make one lazy for real flight. I had an instructor "beat" rudder into my brain years ago-------- and it applies to simulations too! :)L.Adamson

One thing I like with the Commander is a very nice ground effect on flare. Gives you a good feeling of the landing.

Guest Moghdad

I've been thinking about buying rudder pedals and a yoke for some time. Where would I purchase them? What would you recommend and how much should I pay?

If you cannot get the Meridian, I would definitely pick the Cessna 177 Cardinal!Favorite area to Fly--Alaska!

Guest PhilipManwaring

The Meridian is incredible. The avionics are so realistic that you need to download the PDF manuals from the original equipment manufacturers. Great to fly too.

Guest Moghdad

Very nice indeed. The Twin Commander's panel and external models are superb. Will there be a VC?

Guest ucanfly

If you don't have it already a nice freeware aircraft is the Socata TB20GT Trinidad that you can get is either in this or the "other site" by Bill Leaming and friends. It has a few updates and fixes.It closely resembles the type of plane you are inquiring about and you can get it now. It has a ceiling of 20K feet and a nice virtual cockpit and decent external model.

Guest ucanfly

If you want a freebie to tide you over in the meantime, may I suggest the Socata TB20GT Trinidad that is available here. it has similar performance to commander, has a nice VC, and flies pretty well. It was made by Bill Leamer and friends.

>>The SF.250 is very nice as well. It is good looking and does tricks, but has a tendency to swerve wildly on the runway<