Sign in to follow this  
opherben

No Click Spots

Hi all,just installed FS2Crew plus update 1.2, this is my second, after the B744. There are no cockpit clickspots on 2D and VC. All actions properly followed, including FS2C panel.cfg selected in New Center. Level-D B763 version 1.3 fully airworthy. Complete reinstall of the aircraft and program did not help.Advice please, thanks.

Hello Bryan,there are no FS2Crew annotations that I could find in the panel.cfg file, it is 12,880 bytes long. I also had tried recycling the New Center .cfg file button.Having stated no clickspots meant there were neither hand cursors nor reactions to clicks.I tried something and it enabled FS2Crew initialization: in the panel folder I found an extra folder named panel options which contains a number of files. The panel_normal file was probably the one needed and when I put it instead of the resident .cfg file, the aircraft panel now has clickspots and the clock panel appears. Advice please, thanks.>Hello Opher,>>Please take a look at your panel.cfg for the LDS 767.>>Do you see a bunch of FS2Crew entries on the panel.cfg?>>Does the mouse cursor change when you move the mouse of the>airspeed indicator?>>-Bryan>

Hi Opher,I'm glad the clickspots work now. I figured it was your panel.cfg.First the obvious: You ran the FS2Crew Start Center and clicked the button to set the Panel.Cfg to FS2Crew?When you made the FS2Crew 767 panel.cfg active, which Start Center did you use? The "New" FS2Crew Start Center that includes the 747 stuff, too, or the older 767 Start Center that would have been installed when you installed FS2Crew 767?-Bryan

Bryan,I used the New Center only and deleted the old shortcut. Initially there was no need to press anything as the FS2Crew 767 panel.cfg file was preselcted. Later while troubleshooting, as I had written I cycled it more than once. I checked and there was no change of panel.cfg file in the panel directory. What should I do now to make it work normally?>Hi Opher,>>I'm glad the clickspots work now. I figured it was your>panel.cfg.>>First the obvious: You ran the FS2Crew Start Center and>clicked the button to set the Panel.Cfg to FS2Crew?>>When you made the FS2Crew 767 panel.cfg active, which Start>Center did you use? The "New" FS2Crew Start Center that>includes the 747 stuff, too, or the older 767 Start Center>that would have been installed when you installed FS2Crew>767?>>-Bryan>

Hi Opher,I just re-installed the 767 and FS2Crew 767 to refresh myself on the procedures. It's a bit different than the 747 version.Pls disregard what I said in the earlier posts. Please do this (we'll start clean):1. Uninstall FS2Crew 7672. Uninstall the Level-D 7673. Make sure the Panel Folder in the Aircraft directory for the LDS 767 was erased.4. Re-install the 767 and FS2Crew.After installing, open the Level-D 767 Config Manager (not the FS2Crew Start Center) and click "Save".That will make the appropriate panel.cfg from the "Panel Options" folder active.You do "not" need to open the FS2Crew Start Center.You only need to open the FS2Crew Start Center for the 767 if you want to revert to the original, pre-FS2Crew panel.cfg-Bryan

Thanks Bryan. Actually this was the sequence of my install, and when opening the New Start Center I did not touch anything. Prior to installing I checked and there was nothing left of the 2 old LDS folders (just nav data in the FMCWP directory). I'll go though all this again when time permits.

When you run the Level-D 767 Config Manager and click "Save", all it does it select the appropriate Panel.Cfg from the Level-D "Panel Options" folder and make it the active Panel.cfg that gets loaded.All the Panel.Cfgs in the Panel Options folder should have been updated with the FS2Crew entries when you installed FS2Crew. Based on what you indicated, that part happens.Since the Level-D Config Manager is not switching the panel.cfg over when you click "save", I recommend posting in the Level-D support forum as it's a Level-D issue (although it's one I have never heard of before).-Bryan

Thanks Bryan. BTW, I see no SAVE button here, the relevant buttons I have show EXIT and Restore... written on them. SAVE exists on the other, B747-400 program.

Bryan,LDS B763 installation requires using the configuration manager to save settings after each of their installs, which I obviously did.I read instructions first then use systems.I can manage as is, if my situation does not complicate in the future.

You also need to run the Level D 767 Config Manager *after* installing FS2Crew 767 or any FS2Crew 767 Update.Clicking "Save Settings" is how the appropriate FS2Crew panel.cfg becomes active (or in other words, how it gets switched from the Panel Options folder to become the panel.cfg that gets loaded).Chrs,Bryan

Hello Bryan,I did everything each time to the letter, with the reported results.>You also need to run the Level D 767 Config Manager *after*>installing FS2Crew 767 or any FS2Crew 767 Update.>>Clicking "Save Settings" is how the appropriate FS2Crew>panel.cfg becomes active (or in other words, how it gets>switched from the Panel Options folder to become the panel.cfg>that gets loaded).>>Chrs,>Bryan