Sign in to follow this  
Guest UnitedPilot32

British airways Update 2 questions

Guest UnitedPilot32

hidoes anyone have an idea when the new update will be released with the destination specific cabin announcements. Can we expect it before FSX or around the release date. Also if any of the announcements are finished can you put them in a sound file so we can here one and what they sound likeas always thanks alotjohn sokol

Hi JohnThe update is all but ready for release but I'm awaiting a version of the copier utility that my friend's working on to compresses the files to reduce disk space. At present the whole package is in the order of 500Mb and hopefully the compression will reduce this by a significant amount.Also I'm hoping to receive the final two sound sets from my team of helpers in the next day or so - as in all these things we're in the hands of those willing band of volunteers (not many volunteers from this forum) that I've either winkled out of the woodwork, or who have been provided for me by the ever-helpful Bryan York.I attach a sound file from the EGLL to EDDF flight - unfortunately most of the meaningful sound files are too large to attach as Avsim put a limit of 150K on attachments .

Guest UnitedPilot32

Sounds great i cant wait until it is released thanks alot for giving us an early present with the file

I just wish I could rush it out so you can all test it out, but I wouldn't wan tto do that and then have to get you all to download it again.

Guest UnitedPilot32

with only 3 days until FSX is released in the USA and it already being released in Europe will these announcements be in the next update for the 767 so it will work with FSX?

Hi allany more news yet? Thought the update was due for release at the end of september.ThanksRma

Thanks Bryan.The situation is that my good friend who created the file copier has run into a problem with the file compression routine which has stalled the realease of the project - he is also extremely busy at work which leave him very little time to sort out the problem. He IS trying to resolve this issue as well as re-writing the UI as I'd also discovered a major flaw in the method I'd designed. What I can say is that all of the wav files are completed and working well on my system and that once this new UI and compression routine has been successfully tested (remember I am doing this entirely on my own - not ONE SINGLE volunteer to beta test it has come forward) and I am happy that it works OK then it will be released. Keep checking on this forum - I shall post notice of it's release when it's ready.Sorry to have let the proposed release date slip like this - I've learned a lesson here and won't say when it'll be ready.

Hi Graham, don't be sorry that you haven't met your release target date. It's not the end of the world, just nice to be kept updated. Really looking forward to it and when it comes out i'm sure it'll be great.Keep up the good workRma

Hi Folks just to let you all know,I have two weeks of work now, so I can start to work on additional briefings, primarily the LHR IAP's, and MAN files but I want to revise the centre in command calls as they should be autopilot engaged, and I also want to change some of the default welcomes, dep delay, ramp holds and tods files as well.I have done a lot of sectors with BA recently and have a better idea of how it should sound and some of the capa files are a bit to polished and needs some hesitations in them.Also next time (mid Jan) I am on a BA flight I'll try to get a recording of the new BA capbin briefing, 'cos it is quiet cool.Chris

Look forward to hearing that Chris. Perhaps you can get the person doing the cabin bried to record it for us too ?? :)

Hi Folks,Minor hitch, I am in the UK now on hols, but I forgot to bring my nDAC database with me for the airport charts.That is minor, so I'll just purchase the files again, but I'll work on the major routes for BA, which will mostly be pond hops and FRA, BCN. We'll see how I get on.Graham, can you send the utility and the text files to my work address please, as I've forgotten them as well.Chris