Sign in to follow this  
Guest morvious

fs2cchk4.dll virus detection

Guest morvious

Hello guys,Since recently my virus scanner is reporting the file fs2cchk4.dll in the map windows/system32/ as a virus (Trojan Horse TR/Crypt.np.gen). (When scanning no other files are detected)I had troubles running fs2crew for the lvl-d 767 last Friday and my guess is that the scanner deleted this file. I reinstalled the program with the newest update.Now when I start windows or when I select the B767 in FS I get the virus popup and I need to reboot the system (Fs just don't seem to like the popup, so hangs completely, nothing I can do)I have no problem to run FS without the virusscanner, but I want to ask why I get this detection since a week now, and not before?Is the file corrupt and is a troyan horse installing itself in the file, or is it how the file is written, and a common problem?Thanks for your time,Stefan van Hierden

Hello Stefan,It's what is known as a "false positive".Your Anti virus software will no doubt update its virus defination file soon, and the the false positive will be gone.What Anti virus software are you running?Chrs,Bryan

Guest morvious

Bryan, thank you for the fast response.I am using AntiVir because I have had some good results with it by family. Its free, running well on the background and it does not find itself as important as Northon Products :(I will disable the scanner before starting up fs, because there is no way to tell the program not to react on the file after a restart of the system.Thanks again.all the best,Stefan van Hierden