Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtsapchy

Servisair and Jetset Calling

Guest wtsapchy

Hi all,I dialled 130.65 during pre-flight, made it active and pressed 2nd key. No calling to Servisair Load Control was heard. Same thing happened when I dialled 131.85 during flight and called Jetset line. I got the latest update of FS2Crew. Also, I did not get the clearance from ground crew after push back and engine start. When I touched down at destination airport, the disconnect clearance from the ground crew was heard, then. What have I done wrong ?Daniel

Hi Daniel,In regards to the radio issue ensure that the radio is both on and that the frequency is active. http://www.users.on.net/~jermslio/images/Active&On.jpgThat is the frequency should be highlighted on the lower radio and the VHF R button in the bottom left of the pedestal should be illuminated. I suspect the later to be the problem.As for the strange calls I'd suggest doing the tutorial word for word one more time to see if you can resolve the issue, it sounds like it might be a button press issue. I might also suggest having a look at my flowchart on AVSIM (search for "FS2Crew 767 Expanded Flow Chart V2") as it may help you understand whats going on a bit better.Let us know how you get on.Jeremy

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Jeremy,I got it. Thanks for your help! Great flow chart! By the way, I followed your flow chart and everything's smooth. But when you told us to perform Height Check at 1000 ft AGL during CatI ils landing by pressing the upper left button on the chronometer, I didn't see anything happen except the elapsed time stopped ticking. What is it supposed to happen there ?DanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,When pressing the CHR button on the clock the PF/FO should say something along the lines of '1000 AGL, Altimeter check' 'Check'.The chronometer should not be running at this point so pressing it should not stop the clock ticking but rather start the chronometer. I suspect that if it is already running at this point you make have either pressed it earlier in the flight or started it when taking off.When setting the clock at takeoff remember to set the bottom left bug to 'RUN' (not press the chronometer button). This from memory will count up in minutes, not seconds, so don't panic if it looks as though it's not doing anything (i.e at one minute it will show 00:01).When you are on approach and passing 1000AGL press the CHR button once to make the 1000AGL call. This should make the call, start the timer you should movement on the clock as the seconds increment.Hope that makes things a bit clearer (clear as mud er? (-: )Jeremy