Sign in to follow this  
grajay

FS2Crew British Version 2 available

Sorry this has taken so long guys.My good friend who has been slaving over this utility for the last few weeks had a disaster over the weekend and his server crashed and took all his files with it. As a result he has lost the version we were all hanging on for and so I've decided to release this version rather than wait any longer.The file is 385Mb zipped and takes about 606Mb of disk space - so be warned.I just cannot be fagged to split the zip file up and upload it to AVSIM - so if anyone wants it there will be a once only opportunity to obtain the file which I'll distribute via spread-it.com and the file will be available for downloading from them for 14 days from this coming Saturday 11th December.If you want it then send me an email grajay -at- gmail.com and I'll email you with the link on Saturday.Thanks

Yup - it's those wav files - particularly the SIDs out of EGLL which gobble up quite a bit of space.

Sorry everyone - I meant that the file will be available from THIS Saturday - November 11th.

A quick update on this. (Those who contacted me be email will have already received this message)Having tried this morning 4 times to upload the file to spreadit.com - for some reason although they say they can take files of up to 500Mb - they resolutely refuse to process my 380Mb one. It's not their site as I've test uploaded a smaller file without a problem - the progress bar hangs every time with the big one.I'm going to have to split the file and use AVSIM I'm afraid which of course is going to slow things down by a day or two as it'll take a little while breaking it down into smaller files which I hope to do over the coming weekend.I'll keep everyone up to date here.Once again my apologies.

OK - thanks to those who expressed an interest in this latest version. The links have now been emailed to you all, so if you've not received it get back to me.The links expire in 7 days after which the utility will not be available. I don't think I can go through the nausea of trying to upload these files to Avsim after this morning's fiasco, although I may just give it another try (sucker for punishment).Enjoy.

Sure wish we could just post the link here ;)Hopefully you have something from me in your inbox Graham,Thanks tremendously for all the hard work,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks guys - I've now found out what my problem with Avsim was - seems as if my router was getting in the way so I reverted to my modem and all's going well with the 1st upload thank goodness. If anyone out there' a clever person who can help me with my router then please drop me a line and try and ='sort me ut' :) For everyone's information the files have been split even further and are now going to be available (he says with fingers tightly crossed) in 9 parts.If and when I've uploaded the 9 parts I'll let you all know.

Thanks Bryan - I should point out to everybody that Bryan has been pestered by me over the summer for little tweaks and extras for the British voice set which features in the Version 2 release amd I am most grateful, particularly when bearing in mind that he was trying to release the PMDG746 version at the same time. I guess there were days when he sighed deeply when another one of my little requests landed in his in box - thanks again Bryan for a brilliant product.Currently part 7 of 9 is being uploaded to Avsim so it'll all be available by Monday 13th November - just search for my name [Graham K Jackson] in the file library and then sort by date.

Hey Graham,Shoot me a quick email and I will try to help you out with your router issue. Thanks again to Bryan, Graham and anyone else who helped with this.Bryan, how we looking on our additional cities for the 744? Graham, I wonder how many of your British Sound set files can be carried over to the 744? I bet a lot of the files "could" be used... Just thinking out loud :)Thanks again everyone,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledAMD FX-57 @ 3 gigsAsus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS PC3500LL 2 3 2 6 1TXFX 7900 GTX 690/1750XFX 7800 GTX 515/135024 inch Widescreen LCDDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1khttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7800 GTX 515/1350 Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Aaaargh - I really don't know about the 744 Paul. I do know that quite a lot could be carried over, but there's major work with all the destinations etc.Thanks for the offer of help with the router - I'll drop you a line. I suspect that it's a firewall issue.Just to let everyone know - all 9 parts are now uploaded to Avsim (already quite a bit of interest in it) - those of you who got the download via yousendit will note that the filenames are slightly different because of the redistribution of the files to make smaller zips. The new files can be searched for using fs2crew_utility_p* on the advanced search page.

I've just had it pointed out that I omitted to upload the gau files with the files to Avsim :(I've nwow uploaded them to Avsim and they should become available sometime during the next 24 hours. If you can't wai then email me and I'll send them along. The fact that they are missing will NOT affect the running of the utility in any way - it just means that some enhancements will not happen.Apologies again.