Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Written text?

Bryan,since there are some phrases said by the pilots that I don't understand completely (not being english moter-tongue), above all during takeoff briefing or takeoff emergency procedure review, is it possible to have or to find somewhere the written phrases that are said by the captain?Thank you and best regards,James

James Goggi

Hello James,There is no written script per se for the briefs. I don't like to use scripts too much for the briefs because it encourages people to "read" the script too much, and you can always tell in someone's voice when they are reading a script.All the sound files are located in FS9/Sounds/FS2CrewPerhaps it might be easier to listen to the sound files directly there using a WAV player program. That way you won't have to contend with all the other background sounds getting in the way.If there are any specific words you cannot make up, just mention the section they are in here and I'll try to help you.Chrs,Bryan

Thank you, Bryan. In particular I can't understand well the files "rtoheadwind.wav" and "rtotailwind.wav", that is the rejected takeoff briefing.

James Goggi

Hi James,Headwind: If there is a headwind and the engine fails, he'll turn into the failed engine when the plane stops.Tailwind: Same but, will turn away from the failed engine.The logic is you don't want any smoke, fire, etc., from the engine blowing onto the plane.Rest is basic rejected takeoff stuff.Does that help?Bryan

Thank you very much, Bryan. I guessed that, but I wanted to be sure.Going back to my 767 with Fs2Crew ;)

James Goggi