Sign in to follow this  

AI Traffic Problems

Can anyone give me insight on generating AI Traffic in FS2002?I had a new computer built with 1.8 mhz processor and 1 Gig of ram. I have a nvidia gforce 4 graphic card.I have set my ATC traffic to 100%, scenery complexity to extemely dense, dynamic scenery to very dense, resolution is at 1024 x 768 x32.The only aircraft that I have so far that show up is Wilson's, Ed-groundhogs1@attbi.com & Demmerle, J-P-jpdemmerle@bluewin.ch, A-26 Invader for FS2002. They are great aircraft but I would like to have others also in my traffic. I have already loaded Lee Swordy's Traffic tools and generated numerous flight plans but I am only getting this aircraft to fly from Phoenix AZ to Tucson AZ and return. I have had as many as six to seven at the airport at one time. I have downloaded many supposedly AI friendly aircraft and the A-26 is so far the only one to show up in AI traffic. Is there anything I am not doing right so far? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.D. Geritydgerity@earthlink.netPhoenix, AZ

Hi,There are a lot of things you could do wrong.I suppose you've decompiled the traffic.bgl with ttools.It makes 3 txt files named Airports, aircrafts and flightplan.In the aircraft file you put your new aircrafts in.Be sure you put the same name in as the one in your aircraft.cfg file in you FS2002aircrafts folder.In the flightplan file you make your flightplan, be sure the AC# on the begin of the route is corresponding with the one in the aircraft.txt file.Compile with ttools.The departures times are in GMT. Calculate it with your local time.Maybe your not on the right time on the airport.Hope you understand my sort of English.Otherwise read the ttools manual a couple times.Regards,CeesKL 204 Sorry, I don't know how to put a bitmap in this post.

Guest H_Kev55

If it's commercial traffic you want, and lots of it, then simply hop on over to www.projectai.com and see what we have to offer.You'll find almost 50 airlines packaged in an easy to use self installer.Best thing...its FREE....KJ

To all of the FS Simmers out there that took the time to reply to my plea for help, I greatly appreciate your efforts. I reloaded FS2002 again after saving my gauges and aircraft files to a separate holding folder. After reloading and placing my files back into simulator, I found that a file named "default.dp" was either missing or corrupt. When I started flight simulator again, boy do I have traffic now and nothing slows this machine down with 1 gig of ram. Maybe my efforts and hours spent in finding a solution to my problem will now be able to help someone else who might experience the same problem. A great thanks goes to Lee Swordy for the great program for adding traffic, also I wish to thank all of you simmers out there who create these fabulous AI aircraft and a special thank you goes to Rick "Grayal" Bores who created this fabulous Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. D. Geritydgerity@earthlink.net Phoenix, Arizona