Sign in to follow this  
Guest Emeraldbird

FO doesn't rotate !

Guest Emeraldbird

I am new with FS2crew for LDS767 I just tried to give the control to the FO during the takeoff. I did perform the RTO brief so that the takeoff mode was activated. Everything went well until V1. At VR, nothing appeared, no rotation ! I tried to follow some indications I found out somewhere on this forum regarding the null zone of my yoke, but with no result.So I am asking some guru here to help me to make it working.Hava a nice flight !Emerald

Hello Emerald,Double check that the TO trim and flaps are set properly.Also, how much did you increase the null zone by? Remember that if the joystick sends a signal to the simulation while the FS2Crew FO is moving the control column, that signal will override the FO.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Emeraldbird

Thanks for your answer Bryan.I did double check the TO trim and flaps. Everything was OKRegarding the null zone, I used several methods : first using FS native null zone, then using FSUIPC and also by using the yoke (chproducts)drivers. Each time in terms of value, I used around 20% for the null zone. Unfortunately, the FO was not happy with my settings.I also tried to disable the yoke (by pressing K on the keyboard)during the TO, but no result.I want also to notice that the only control I used during the TO is the yaw corrections to line up the Aircraft (but no action on the yoke). Should I also avoid any use o the rudder control ? i am using Saitek X45 as a rudder control.Any suggestion ?Emerald

Hello Emerald,The "Rotate" call is being heard I assume.You should be okay with rudder input, but I am not familiar enough with the Saitek X45 to be able to comment 100 percent.Does the elevator move at all at the rotate call? There is a system display in the 767 that shows the position of the elevator.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Emeraldbird

Hello,Yes the rotate call is OK.I checked the control status display on the 767. I tried again yesterday, and for sure, the elevator didn't move ! it seems that the FO action is completely overrided by something... He ask 60%, then I call V1 (by cliking on the right FS2CREW panel), then rotate... and nothing happens. I have to rotate myself to take off this bird !Otherwise, everything is working for all the remaining phase of the flight.Please could you tell me what kind of yoke/joystick are you using, and whith what kind of setting regarding the null zone ? Thanks !Emerald

Guest Emeraldbird

Thanks Bryan.Still no FO rotation here.Can anyone help me ?Cheers,Emerald

Guest Emeraldbird1

Hi Bryan,Good news here ! I've found out the reason of my.In fact, it is due to my FSUIPC "slope" settings. The FO try to move the yoke during rotation, but unfortunately, in FSUIPC, my axis used exponential slope : it means the FO need to put more "input" than he did to lift the aircraft up. It is also thereason why no movement was detected in the control display.The final solution was to use linear "slope".May be it can be useful for other simmers here.Have a nice flight !Emerald