Sign in to follow this  
Guest guyl

civa ins longitude position

Guest guyl

Hello,First of all, congratulations for this outstanding add-on. After installation, I could not beleive it !!!However, here is my problem : According to the documentation, I have installed the CIVA Delco INS unit. It has worked a bit but now, I am unable to enter the present longitude ( latitude can be entered without problem ) position. It' s like the INS keypad is freezed for the longitude. After a while, the WARN light comes on. The error code is 06-41.... Again, according to the documentation, I read that it' s a common and usual known problem for the unit used by flightsimmers as the aircraft is rarely starting next flight from previous position ( that' s what I did ) making this INS mistake. I clear the malfunction codes by pushing the TEST SWITCH knob. But nothing change and still unable to enter present position longitude( while entering new lat/long WAYPOINT is working ). I even erased the *.lsd file created by the INS as I read a new one is automatically created.....nothing has changed. What do I do wrong ? A bug ? ( I don' t think so but..... ).It' s not a problem to me if I have to erase a file before a FS9 session so the INS starts with clean data but, which one can I remove ?Any comment is very welcome. Best regards,Guy

Make sure the parking brake is set and the mode selector is in align during entry of PPOS.If that doesn't fix it, a button-by-button recap of your attempt to set PPOS might illuminate the problem.The CIVA INS is pretty bulletproof...odds are you're doing something wrong.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I've used the Civa gauge for a while now in other panels, and once you get the hang of it, it works very well indeed. As Bob says, stick with it. Just out of interest, there seems to be a component missing in the TM panel - the switch that links the Civa gauge to the heading bug (unless I'm completely missing it!).Here's the line I put into the panel.cfg to correct this:gauge63=../Civa/Ins!NavModeSingle, 678, 560, 30, 40;)

I get the same problem as well.After the 5 minute heating up process is done, i switch to ALIGN with parking brakes set. When I enter the N latitude everything is fine, but when I need to enter the longitude, pressing E does not activate the longitude insertion and all the coordinates I select do not get inserted into the INS. I remain therefore with a display of N41.48.1 E000.00.0I tried changing the modes, waiting more time, but nothing, it seems as if the E and W keys are frozen

Are you pressing enter button after entering the latitude and before entering the longitude? That sounds like your problem and is very common for new users of this INS.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpg

Guest guyl

Hello and many thanks for comments,>Make sure the parking brake is set and the mode selector is in >align during entry of PPOS.Yes about parking brake set but, according to INS alignment doc when entering PPOS, MSU selector switch should be on STBY and after lat/long have been inserted, switch to ALIGN. But nevermind, I just tried few minutes ago switching to NAV directly ( even tried STBY for warmup then NAV to enter PPOS )....problem is still there, unable to enter longitude. However, I noticed that when entering latitude, INSERT light comes on and I have to push it twice to get it off and so latitude is inserted...I remember one push on INSERT key was enough to enter lat/long at the beginning.>If that doesn't fix it, a button-by-button recap of your attempt to >set PPOS might illuminate the problem.Yes, I have done it, following doc INS alignment procedures.>The CIVA INS is pretty bulletproof...odds are you're doing >something wrong.I think so too....But I still think that one or several files can be delated before FS session and the INS unit will recreate new one(s) so it will start like clean setup, am I wrong ?Noticed I am not the only one having this "problem" so that' s a "good" thing, let' s keep searching. This B732 add-on really well worth the effort ! Still waiting for some comments before I try to uninstall/reinstall the INS unit and see what happens.Many thanks and best regards,Guy

yes, that's precicely the point. Usually when you insert the position in STBY mode, you press the N key, the "enter" light comes on, you enter the latitude and press it to confirm. Then you press E and the same thing should happen. This time though it does not, it just freezes. For example the coordinates for LIRF Fiumicino airport in Rome are: E012.15.0 .I press E and nothing happens. If I continue inserting the coordinates, when I get to the 2 ( which also corrisponds to N ) it gets it as an attempt to enter a new latitude and cleares the previousely inserted one. It's just as if the E and W key do not respond... ;)Thanks everybody for the previous answers. Guy, tell us if re-installing the INS works, maybe it's a software error developed during installation :D

Guest guyl

Hello Luca,We are on the same wavelenght :-)Before uninstalling the unit, I'm waiting for further comments and still trying few things....Let' s keep in touch.Regards,Guy

Good evening To activate the CIVA INS proceed as follows:1) Check the engines are shut down and the parking brake is set.2) Select stby on the MSU.Put the CDU selector to POS and the way point selector to 03) Enter the aircraft position: _ Latitude, press ENTER. The light stays on. _ Longitude, press ENTER. The light goes out.If you get a red warning check on the manual for the procedure.4) Select Align on the MSU.There is an excellent documentation for this outstanding gauge.Read it carefully, you won't regret it.BTW The battery light is not directly related to the MSU selector position.Best regards.

Guest guyl

Hello,In this morning, I have uninstalled the TinMouse II as well as the CIVA INS. I simply deleted folders. As the CIVA INS setup is an *.exe file, I searched the add/remove configuration panel but found nothing to uninstall so I guess only CIVA folder was added at installation. Erasing folders means uninstallation I think.I even used CCleaner software which looks for registry integrity. No mistake found about CIVA INS uninstallation.So, I reinstalled the TinMouse II and then the CIVA INS and......same longitude PPOS problem again !!! I don' t understand :-( :-(To align the INS, I have tried engines running, engines off but on APU and engines off on GND power supply. Here is step by step how I proceed for the alignment :- engines are running, parking brakes set.- switch MSU MODE SELECTOR knob to STBY.- wait few minutes to be sure warmup is done.- switch DATA SELCTOR to POS on CDU unit.- on the CDU, I enter latitude. I click 2 (N), INSERT light comes on, 5 ; 0 ; 3 ; 8 ; 1- must push INSERT key twice (!), the light goes off- pushing 6 (E) does nothing and of course INSERT light remains offAgain, all comments are welcome. Many thanks for you help.Best regards,Guy

ah perfect, now it all works fine. Thanks volonteer!I can finally try out this wonderful addon, hope to spend some hours with it flying :D