Sign in to follow this  
deltafan

INS Alignment

OK, after turning on the APU and switching over the power selectors, I started the INS alignment process. I switched it to STBY, tested it as the CIVA manual says, and entered my position. Then I switched it to ALIGN. The API DOES NOT decrease from 9 as it should. What is the problem?

Guest daniel.alm

>OK, after turning on the APU and switching over the power>selectors, I started the INS alignment process. I switched it>to STBY, tested it as the CIVA manual says, and entered my>position. Then I switched it to ALIGN. The API DOES NOT>decrease from 9 as it should. What is the problem?Engines are shut down? Also don't move the aircraft during alignment.

Hi Ron.The alignment takes some time if you leave the INS running in real time. However you can speed up the alignment process so that it produces a green light in a couple of minutes, by clicking the concealed button disguised as the top-right-hand screw mounting on the panel with the 'align' control on it.;)

Did you press the INSERT button after entering the longitude before you went to ALIGN?A step by step key entry walkthrough of what you're doing will help narrow down the problem. Please list the exact steps you're doing with the INS before going to align.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpg

OK, deleted the .ISD file for the 737 and it aligned. Problem now is that it keeps giving me an Action Code 4 when I try to align it. Then I realign it like the manual says and it still gives me code 4. It's being very odd.

Hello,first of all - the big and warm thanks for this "deliciouse" B737-200.I haven't got any problems with alignment process, with navigation,with updating position on VOR/DME stations as well. Just one little issue : during whole flight I notticed yellow button BAT lights on and after ca. 45 minuts flight my CIVA shut off.Very strange, I'm using CIVA gauge in RFP742, DF727 for many years without this problem. What's up?Best regardsGwidonPS. Sorry for my poor english, hopeful understandable ;-)

Guest daniel.alm

Gwidon,Before you load the Tinmouse panel, start the flight with the default Cessna and shut down the engines. Let the battery and the avionics running. If you follow this procedure, the INS should work.

Thank you Daniel for your quick respond. You are most likely right. Although I allways start FS session with default cessna but only with acitived avionics switch not battery switch (you know cold&dark opition is the most interesting). I have to write your advice on my monitors display with capital letters ;-)))CheersGwidon

Guest daniel.alm

>(you know cold&dark opition is the most interesting). Yes, I agree, but you can still shut-off the systems in the 737 panel after loading it ;) . That's what I do.Regards,Daniel

Daniel ,let me do what to do ;-)))All are working great now. Thanks again Daniel.737 by TinMouse Project is really cool. Old bird for oldtimer like me ;-)CheersGwidon

1. I load the panel.2. MSU Mode Selector set to STBY3. CDU Data Selector set to DSRTK/STS4. INS Right Display reads 0---955. HOLD Switch On-Confirm Left display reads 11 176. HOLD Switch Off7. Test Switch Push/Hold- All digits indiciate 8, all lights on8. Test Switch Auto9. CDU Selector POS10. Insert Lat Position, press Insert, Insert Lon Position, press InsertI round degrees UP to the nearest 1/10. So N61* 40.55 reads N61 40.6 on INS11. MSU Mode set to ALIGN/CDU Selector to DSRTK/STS12. Watch API come down, BAT light illuminated at 8, extinguished at 7. Because I had a lot of time, I waited for API to reach 0 instead of 5. (Aircraft remained MOTIONLESS and engines off)13. While waiting for Alignment, I entered Waypoints, 0 being current ramp postition identical to the reading in POS mode.14. Remote Switch Push, enter waypoints15. Remote Switch Off, check waypoint accuracy16. Before Pushback, MSU mode to NAVFinished procedure. At first, their is nothing displayed in the Action Code spot. Then after taxiing begins, Action code appears and API starts to increase from 0-1-2-3-4-etc.

Hi Ron,Just a couple comments and questions.>11. MSU Mode set to ALIGN/CDU Selector to DSRTK/STS>12. Watch API come down, BAT light illuminated at 8, extinguished at >7. Because I had a lot of time, I waited for API to reach 0 instead >of 5. (Aircraft remained MOTIONLESS and engines off)You can speed up the alignment by clicking on the hidden quick align click spot. It's the upper right mounting screw on the MSU.>13. While waiting for Alignment, I entered Waypoints, 0 being current >ramp postition identical to the reading in POS mode.Don't enter waypoint 0. As soon as the API decreases to 5 during alignment waypoint 0 is automatically set to your POS entered for alignment. This could be an area of trouble.>14. Remote Switch Push, enter waypoints>15. Remote Switch Off, check waypoint accuracyNo need to use the Remote switch for single INS use. It's only required if you have dual or triple INS.>16. Before Pushback, MSU mode to NAVMake sure the MSU is set to NAV before engine start as well. Sometimes people will do an engine start before pushback. I don't know if this is your case.How are you tranfering power at start-up? In the 737-200 you have to sellect a power source as it doesn't have auto power switching. If you are on the APU gen during the start you have to physically move the engine GEN switches to ON to have them power the buses. Are you doing this?Are you also starting with the default Cessna making sure the battery and avionics switches are on before loading the 737-200?Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpg

On my flights, I pushback, then engine start. So my MSU was switched over before both pushback and engine start.On start up, after I start the engines, I do switch over the power from APU to the engines by the GEN switch.I am not loading the default Cessna first. I'll try that though.