Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Trim...FAR too sensitive...

Guest MC767

HiIs there suppose to be a "trim Sound" when u active the trim? Coz I don't hear the sound when I trim the trim.

Guest daniel.alm

>IS there anyway to get it more to the sensitivity of say, the>PMDG 737?From the readme in patch3:Patch 3 Fixes:0. Config file edits. Users need to change a few lines in the aircraft.cfg file as described below:a. In the FFX aircraft.cfg file there is a typo in the flight_tuning section. Changeelevator_trim_effectivene0ss=1.00 to read ^elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.00b. In both FFX and TM2 aircraft.cfg files change these lines in the flight_tuning section:pitch_stability = 1.0 roll_stability = 1.500to readpitch_stability = 1.20 roll_stability = 1.00Try to make these changes and report back.Regards,Daniel

Hi,I did try those. The Trim effectiveness would only apply to an FFX model if I used one, and in turn would not affect/alter the TM2 model. However, the pitch stability fix seems to help a lot on this issue, thanks :)Also, I wonder if the yaw moment should be fixed? She is somewhat too sensitive on the ground:P

I have no problem with the trim. Often this is a system specific problem, depending on the hardware you are using. I am using CH Yoke and pedals, and the default (Terry Gaff) plane handles very well.

Graeme Butler

Guest Louis

I can relate to the sensitive trim but if it makes you feel any better my kid flies the NG 737-700 and says when he's hand flying, it does the same in the real one -he hits the trim down and she pitches down and real hard to be smooth ---Louis

Guest speedbird591

I use the tinmouse panel with the FFX 732 because I find the flight controls too sensitive with the model provided. There is an updated FDE (Mike Baumann and Philip Foglar) for the FFX model which flies smoothly with good stability. The file name is kittyhawk_737_fde_update.zipI have aliased the panel and sound of the FFX to the tinmouse panel and the only changes I have had to make to the FFX aircraft.cfg file is the "radios" section and the "sim=" entries for each aircraft (the updated .air file is differently named). This combination works perfectly with the panel and solves the oversensitivity.Specifically for the trim: reading elsewhere in the forum, it seems that the trim control was not used for flying the 732 and just using the yoke for trim (with the AP elevator mode engaged) works really well.Hope this helps,Ian