Sign in to follow this  
Guest spark

about flight FFX dynamics

Guest spark

good day to all,I readed all the previous discussions about FDE, but here is something extra i noticed flying the FFX model with the FDE and aircraft.cfg coming with tm2.Just wondering to know the REAL behaviour of the airplane, so things that appear "strange" to me will likely to be "true" in the real world.But, just curious... - banking to the left is quicker than banking to the right, after ap disconnect;- The spoiler speed brake is almost ineffective compared to the old FDE for FFX, while descending i'm unable to loose a single knot with the spoilers. Looking inside the air file i discovered a "spolier induced drag" setting of 14 against the value of about 350 (i dont remember exactly) on the previous 7372.AIR, the gear extension produce much much more drag than spoilers. - flaps extension from 1 to 15 produce almost no drag too. all the drag is from 20 to 40! While descending flaps of 10 give much more lift than clean config BUT with NO counterpart in drag terms! Strange.- I'm unable to extend gear above 178 knots but the label below the gear level, on the real 732, says: "operating extend 270-.82M", "retract 235K" and "extended 320K-.82M".I know the published tables to determine EPR settings at various stages of the flight, but i want to know if exist a formula to calculate the EPR without the charts.regards alex

>- banking to the left is quicker than banking to the right,>after ap disconnect;this is more an issue of external effect (wind? ap?)>- The spoiler speed brake is almost ineffective compared to>the old FDE for FFX, while descending i'm unable to loose a>single knot with the spoilers. Looking inside the air file i>discovered a "spolier induced drag" setting of 14 against the>value of about 350 (i dont remember exactly) on the previous>7372.AIR, the gear extension produce much much more drag than>spoilers. sorry, 737-200 is not a 727.or you lose airspeed, or you descent. "14" is more than okay in the 737.If you are in IDLE, level off. you will lose ~1nm for 10kt without SB.if you are descending, and need to increase your descent rate, you can aply flight spoiler, but you will not have much effect, since you can increase the rate just 300ft/m than without speedbrakethe best descent rate is achived at 220kt - gear down and SB up, flaps up.so, gear is the best 'SB' in the 737.>- flaps extension from 1 to 15 produce almost no drag too. all>the drag is from 20 to 40! While descending flaps of 10 give>much more lift than clean config BUT with NO counterpart in>drag terms! Strange.flaps 1 to 15 really do not produce much drag.Flaps 15 is just a problem during take-off.see your speed during flaps extension.1 - 2105 - 19010 15 - 17025 - 15030/40 - 140keep those airspeeds. you will see that you will have no more than 1.3 epr to keep you airspeed 'til flaps 10 in level flight.to hold your airspeed during extension after flaps 15, expect 1.5 or more.>- I'm unable to extend gear above 178 knots but the label>below the gear level, on the real 732, says: "operating extend>270-.82M", "retract 235K" and "extended 320K-.82M".not looks something linked to airfile or cfg.>I know the published tables to determine EPR settings at>various stages of the flight, but i want to know if exist a>formula to calculate the EPR without the charts.>LLS:Look for your TAT, look to you FL/Altitude, Seek in the chart.>regards alex>> regardsgustavo

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Guest spark

thanks a lot gustavo!this data are what i was looking for.i don't think that point one is related to the wind, but maybe some issue in my joystick.but why not extend gear above 178K? is this a known issue for you? ok not related to air and cfg but the problem still exist. any idea?alex

Guest spark

HORRIBLE!!!now is clear what happen!i noticed that i had the problem with gear extension above 178K only with FFX model, not TM2, but just with the 732adv panel. I tried everything FDE, CFG, MDL, and many other things.Finally i discovered that the problem exist if the "Aircraft stress causes damage" option, under "realism settings" is selected!!Hard to believe! i have two installation of fs9.1 and both are showing this! my os is win2ksp4. usually i set things to "hard" which involve that setting to be automatically selected. Now i understand why i had so much trouble slowing down the aircraft!i hope this will help someone.regards alex

I never used the realism setting for damage and similar from fs.is very weird and far away from reality.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Alex, I found the same thing. Cannot extend gear if speed at or above 178 knots.regards,Macs :)P.S.: I fly with realism to 100% always; except in helicopters though..regards,Macs :)