Sign in to follow this  
Macsm

Sample of Manual...

Guest CaptainCernick

Indeed. I've been waiting for this as well.I love the panel, but there are a lot of things I have to learn about it.

No, the cat ate my tongue :)A apologize for the long delay. I must admit this add-on is so good, I have been flying it quite a bit and between the flying and testing and changing my mind on the format and content( I have changed my mind about 3 times on what to cover) I have taken a long time. This all sounds like excuses, but I will relaese by Thursday, no bull. Since I have been flying it quite a bit, I have found a few issues with release 1.22 that I had not had a chance to post, so here they are:1.) Whenever you fly at temperatures higher than 24 degrees Centigrade, the behaviour fo the gauges is a bit odd: The time for spoolup on both EPR and N! is very slow, as well as I loose my fuel flow indications altoghether. This did not happen on previous version. At temperatures below 24 Degeress C, this does not happen.2.) "Offset Byte set" variable definitions appear to be randomly lost from flight to flight, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to be related in some way to the temperature issue at times and it also appears it is related to the airport of origin, but not sure. I have to add, that I love the flight model. I would bet anything that both the behviour of paratmeters like engine performance and aerdynaimcs is very similar to what the experience on teh real plane is. I don't know why, but this is the only jet model that I can actually land in a controlled and predictable manner with no trim input (or almost nil). I have seen real world videos, and it seems that pilots hand-flyinfg the apporach to land are very active on the yoke. This model seems to have a "hydraulic power control" feel to it. Well, without having flown hydraulically powered airplanes, this is what I imagine it woudl be like :).Again, please accept my apologies, and the hard-day is Thursday. regards,Macs :)Below is a compilation of a few of my favourite flights and a few from the manual :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162517.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162518.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162519.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162520.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162521.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162522.jpg

Looks wonderful. This fantastic freeware aircraft really seems to inspire others to create more tremendous accessories. Long live the Tinmouse.Kind regardsPaul

Paul Edwards

Hey Macs, if you can shoot me a copy of the manual before Thursday, I can give it a good once-over from the programmer's perspective.>1.) Whenever you fly at temperatures higher than 24 degrees>Centigrade, the behaviour fo the gauges is a bit odd: The time>for spoolup on both EPR and N! is very slow, as well as I>loose my fuel flow indications altoghether. This did not>happen on previous version. At temperatures below 24 Degeress>C, this does not happen.I'll try and have a look at this tonight. It must have pre-dated 1.22, though, because the only change in 1.22 update was a mod to the FDE for yaw/slip performance.>2.) "Offset Byte set" variable definitions appear to be>randomly lost from flight to flight, sometimes it happens,>sometimes it doesn't. It seems to be related in some way to>the temperature issue at times and it also appears it is>related to the airport of origin, but not sure. Just be aware that the button/key programming is livery-specific if you checked the "aircraft-specific" block when setting up FSUIPC. Otherwise, if this is happening regularly, recommend you contact Pete Dowson on the FSUIPC forum for help.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob, "Just be aware that the button/key programming is livery-specific if you checked the "aircraft-specific" block when setting up FSUIPC. Otherwise, if this is happening regularly, recommend you contact Pete Dowson on the FSUIPC forum for help." Cool, I see now, that explains that one, thanks! :) Some more testing a few minutes ago corroborates this :)Regards,Macs :)Here's a few more from the Terry Gaff's version (Man the only thing missing from that one is wing views! I sure hope we coudl get one model with access to them :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162560.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162562.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162563.jpg

Macs wrote:>1.) Whenever you fly at temperatures higher than 24 degrees>Centigrade, the behaviour fo the gauges is a bit odd: The time>for spoolup on both EPR and N! is very slow, as well as I>loose my fuel flow indications altoghether. This did not>happen on previous version. At temperatures below 24 Degeress>C, this does not happen.Macs; No smoking gun yet, but there are a couple of possibilities. Is this only on the ground, or are you seeing it inflight too? Is it OAT > 24 or TAT >24 where you see it? When you say you lose FF indications, does it go to 0, or bottom out at idle?CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob,> No smoking gun yet, but there are a couple of possibilities.> Is this only on the ground, or are you seeing it inflight>too? Is it OAT > 24 or TAT >24 where you see it?It appears on both ground and flight. In fact, I can takeoff from a hot airport and land on a colder (<24 Deg C) and have the fuel flow work again. You know, now that I think about it, pressure may play a role in it too, as when I climb to the flight levels, FF indications won't return till back on lower altitudes at colder temps. Sometimes even one engine will behave "normal" and the other not.The variable I beleive, is OAT (The one above the digital C.G. value on the hidden gauge)> When you say you lose FF indications, does it go to 0, or>bottom out at idle?FF indications do "idle" when startup occurs, but they never incerease to more than idle.regards,Macs :)

I think I know what this is...however I'm in the middle of a new system build and moving things around. Hopefully I can get to my dev system to fix this soon.What's the baby-blue strip at the upper-left corner of the ASI?CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

OK, have my eyes on the problem now...confirmed bug. Should be able to get a fix out by this weekend. Until then, you'll want to start the engines with OAT between 8-22 deg C. What's happening is the temp changes the idle RPM in FS, and the start sequence gets stuck in the post-combustion spool-up phase of the start sequence...it's waiting to see the engine stabilize at idle based on STP. With temps around 5 deg or 25 deg C you may or may not have the problem, depending on how slow the engines spin up. It's a per-engine thing, too, so seeing it on one but not both engines is definitely possible.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile